Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What petrol do you use?????

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Anyone notice if their local tankers are branded anymore? The local tanker here isn't and the driver says its cos they drop to different brands and so they use a plain white tanker instead...

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Anyone notice if their local tankers are branded anymore? The local tanker here isn't and the driver says its cos they drop to different brands and so they use a plain white tanker instead...

Filled the daughter's car the other day and there was a BP tanker in there with BP Ultimate signage down the side.
I have a feeling I have seen an un-named tanker there quite a while ago though, the local BP used to be a Mobil so can't remember if the plain one I saw was when it was Mobil or when it changed to BP.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have four or five different trucks filling tanks. Seems Caltas always fills up the Caltex stations including Woolworths. Coles seem to use Independent Fuel Distributers, United always seem to have a Untied truck. Toll also has fuel trucks not sure who they service though. Bennetts Petroleum deliver some brand i think maybe Caltex. Different brands have different smelling fuel so i doubt its all the same fuel going to different stations.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
It seems like its a mix of a bit of everything ...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I also noticed the tanker has has four or five outlets that fuel can come out of. Surely if it all just 91 with an additve they wouldn't need all those outlets.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
Yeah i didn't ask the driver what the outlets and hoses were. He said he was only dropping E10, 91, and diesel. I asked him if he dropped 98 because i didn't want to fill if he stirred the tank. I don't know how the tanker is built or if it is compartmentalised?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Use what ever is cheapest in the wagon (e10, 91 or 95) and whatever 98 i can find for the Monaro.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Anyone notice if their local tankers are branded anymore?

Yeah, with Toll or Fuel Distributors branding.

I can't recall seeing a specific fuel brand on a tanker here for a loooong time.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Gull 98 is E10 , fortified with ethanol. I was using it while it was under $2/litre. My local Gull's price for 98 octane(E10) is around $2.05/litre, and for the lowers km's/litre is not justifiable in the V8 anymore..
Mobil,BP, Z all are "service" stations where you are paying extra to pump the fuel yourself ( whereas someone should be on the forecourt doing it for you to justify the extra cost)

I chuckle at the Z stations with their forecourt concierge , erase from your mind a dapper older gent in a top hat and tails , like they have at 5 star hotels , instead , it's a gormless looking teenager in a high viz vest and a window squeegee

Last edited: