Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What petrol do you use?????

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
For the record, I use BP Ultimate, follow by its slightly different blend of Synergy 8000. Won't touch Caltex due to knowing someone who works for them telling me some bad stories :p

Stories vs Idependant testing? I know what I'd rather trust... Caltex Vortex98 has been independantly proven to be the best of the most common 98RON fuels.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Stories vs Idependant testing? I know what I'd rather trust... Caltex Vortex98 has been independantly proven to be the best of the most common 98RON fuels.

I would trust employee's of companies over many independant tests. Just because it is stated that it is an independant test does not mean it is not bias or funded by certain organisations who gain to benefit. That being said, I have seen Indy tests done where Mobil is best, others where shell is best and others where BP is best. For me, BP performs better than any other fuel, so thats what i will use.

OZY-GMH

Reaction score
Anything from anywhere.
but when im feeling choosey ill go V Power.
why does everyone have a preference...i didnt think it really matters lol
someone explain?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
when i lived in pakenham, i only used Bp ultimate (servo was 500metres form my house)
But now use V power, found it better than mobil. I could go to Bp, but thats a 5km drive up the road, and on the opposite side of road.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
i only tend to use v power my ute tends to like it in big drinks

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
^^agreed, unless i'm desperate and then i'll go to mobile or caltex.
Mobile 8000 (98 RON) is BP ultimate with a few different additives. I did use V Power until it was bloody hard to get, now I only ever use BP ultimate and Mobil 8000.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
I normally only use Mobil Synergy 8000 from my own servo. I know what goes on and I know how strict our guidelines are. I never fill up at an independent service station.

If its not Mobil Synergy 8000, i'll use BP Ultimate. I use Caltex 95 in the Subaru sometimes, too hard to find 98 RON Vortex in Adelaide.

I never use Shell fuel either, heard some horror stories and seen some bad examples from Shell. My ex gf's brother has owned a Shell service station as well and I wasn't impressed with some of Shell's procedures.

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
go with shell v power racing or normal shell unleaded since the fuel is going up. bp goes ok but i still love my shell