Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What petrol is best

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
a couple of mates that run old chitty chitty bang bang harleys cant use v-power in their bikes, they run as rough as buggery.i use bp ultimate because mines tuned, ive had half shell and half bp in the tank and from the rough idle they dont seem to like each other i know that. but hey we're getting screwed anyway for the price, might as well run the best of the 4 mainstream premo's which in my case is bp.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
This is one of those questions ask 10 people the same question you'll likely receive varying results.

I have always stuck with BP Ultimate, same servo, same petrol bowser even. I can't say I've ever had an issue so I'll stick with that.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
BP Ultimate is the most constant mixture, because it all comes from the same refinery. Other 98 PULP fuels can come from multiple refineries so the fuel can differentiate.

I run a BP service station but I still go back to Mobil to get my 98 RON petrol. Purely because I know their policies and procedures were much stricter than BP's, and i've met the head of the BP fuels section and I wasn't impressed. But they're fairly confident in their fuels, and will put their name on the line to stress that their Ultimate fuel is the best in the market.

As a side note, I have no doubt BP make the best 95 RON PULP as its so close to their BP Ultimate. Its got a much better additive mix than most 95 RON PULP's which often have next to no additives. Most 95 PULPS are just a 95 octane rating fuel that simply meets the PULP standards, without the extra additive mixture of most of your 98 RON PULP's, but BP's is more of a 95 octane rating version of the 98 Ultimate.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I will have to disagree on that. LPG is the best quality fuel and cleanest with a 108 RON rating to boot!

E85 is 108 octane, what are you talking about... E85 is the distributor for the v8 supercars by Fuel control which I know the managing director of.
Fuel Control Australia » Race Fuel E85
Have a look at the website.

But as said, BP is my favourite too.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
when i was on petrol i always used shell optimax, but ive been using a straight gas research system for years and wouldnt go back to petrol.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
E85 is 108 octane, what are you talking about... E85 is the distributor for the v8 supercars by Fuel control which I know the managing director of.
Fuel Control Australia » Race Fuel E85
Have a look at the website.

But as said, BP is my favourite too.

You do realise that they didn't 'choose' E85 over other fuels, and they didn't choose it because its the best fuel. You realise the reasons behind the V8 Supercars change to E85?