Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what price should i be paying?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Thats a cheap price for FE2, 4 springs should cost about 400 and a bit and the front shockers are 170 a pair (for gas), rears about 100 a pair, so yes you have yourself a bargin there. You may as well keep the front shockers as the stock ones run oil and are rebuildable (really just put new oil in them and a seal if you want to and away you go). Rubbers are allways expensive, when you are rebuilding an old car and have to pay a grand for all new window/door rubbers you learn all about it :)

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
VT SS wheels should suit it heaps good, i love them wheels on any vn/vp.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah i might have a look into VT SS rims...

greenfoam: OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS! i think that might be the last thing i do then... my seals can wait lol....

oh, and ive got a mate whos an apprentice mechanic at a place here, gets me parts wholesale and puts them in for $50 for me :D

$300 for a cat-back 2 1/2 inch exhast
$300-500 for paceys, havent asked him yet, but the other blokes got them for around that.. so yeah, ill be lovin it when this is finished :D

and my clear indicators get here next week

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
The clear insdicators are nice on a VP. I picked mine up for $10 from the wreckers. I keep thinking about lowering my car too, but I can't justify the expense... Springs I can afford, but the new shocks make it too dear.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
jolly_97 said:
yeah i might have a look into VT SS rims...

greenfoam: OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS! i think that might be the last thing i do then... my seals can wait lol....

oh, and ive got a mate whos an apprentice mechanic at a place here, gets me parts wholesale and puts them in for $50 for me :D

$300 for a cat-back 2 1/2 inch exhast
$300-500 for paceys, havent asked him yet, but the other blokes got them for around that.. so yeah, ill be lovin it when this is finished :D

and my clear indicators get here next week

$250 for a cat back zorst is a common price at a few exhaust places around Adelaide.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
hrmmm yeah true... i might even save up bout $1000 and head over to adelaide for a week. stay with my auntie and get some stuff for me car... hrm... only a 8 hour drive :p