Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what price should i be paying?

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
just quickly guys, i just went down to my holden spares place and they quoted me $440 for FE2 suspension and a set of 4 standard replacement shockies, does that sound about right or do you guys think im paying too much?

also, the bloke quoted me $135 for new window seals!!! (my windows have sucked the inside seals back inside the doors) im gonna hafta find somewhere else that makes them i think, fook paying that much for some pieces of rubber.

im also on the hunt for rims, i wanna grab some genuine holden rims wit rubber (17"s) anybody got any suggestions on what they think would look good on my car and how much id be payin straight from holden (i wanna get them brand new genuine)

cheers
Josh

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Are the shocks and springs new? I payed $170 for superlow kings springs (12 months old) and a pair of front standard Monroe GAS shocks (12 months ols) Both in top condition, then I payed $117 for rear superlow springs and $107 for rear shortened Monroe GAS shocks. Total $392. DIY installation.

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah mate, all brand new from holden.. looking at what u paid it looks about right.. its always a bit more pricey over here...

any suggestions bout any of the other stuff ive mentioned?

Cheers
Josh

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
no worries. i like the look of VY GTS mags but they only come in 18"s :(

yeah, i didnt know they were so expensive either until i priced them today, im gonna go look elswhere though, ripoffs!

cheers
Josh

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
lol yeah i kno that much, i like the look of them though... something to save for i guess :D

i just wanna get a good looking set of 17"s because IMO mags make or break a car... i just thought id go genuine to give it a uniform look.. if i find something better then i might start looking into other things..

cheers
Josh

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Ive always liked VY SS wheels

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
check out ebay, theres a bloke in ballarat that sells new holden rims etc.