Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What pricerange for a VS V6 wagon?

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Hey everyone,

My dad's car got written off last week (someone t-boned him). They're insurance paid out $4.2k and my bro is gnna lend some money. He's looking at a Holden Wagon.

Anyway, we found 1 online. Haven't seen it yet. But it's a 96 VS V6, 5spd manual with 182,*** on the clock. It's from a dealer and they're asking $4990. To me this seems a bit steep, but from a dealer they always jack up the price. On the upside it's reasonable low k's for the age and it's got the 5spd, also looks pretty clean. Is this reasonable price? How low could/should we get it?

Also if anyone knows a good wagon with low k's and cheap give us the heads up, cheers.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Only positive in buying from a dealer is the statutory warranty...which sometimes can be hard to claim on! There are lots on carsales.com.au

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
that's where I seen this one, but it's still a dealer. Also he'd prefer the manual.

mrhotdog

What Would Jesus Do?.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 Acclaim
u could probably talk him down to $4.5k, is it just an exec?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Last edited:

tully2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Wagon Manual
Check with the dealer, but I think if the cars is over 10 years old or has over 160,000 ks there is no warranty. If that's the case and you like the car then haggle on the price. And if you buy private the seller must have a RWS less then month old.

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Well we went n had a look at it, dealership seem'd dodgy as ****. The whole roof lining was falling off, had a big dent in the side and the battery terminals were full of corrosion.

On the way back though we saw another VS V6, auto, 150,***kms, paint was cracking on the bonnet, engine was missing (they said they'd fix that), went for a drive and sounded like a hollow metal echoe sort of sound. Dealer said he couldn't hear it, but I don't wreckon it sounded right. Also was a bit of vibration around 2,500rpm. Other then that there was no rust anywhere, even under the battery and sparewheel. No oil leaks. And we managed to haggle down from $5,999 to $4,500 with RWC and rego, couldn't get him ne lower. Didn't leave a deposit or nethin, said we'd keep lookin and might come back.

EDIT: Found a sedan acclaim, dad's pretty interested in. Give your opinons here.... http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...93-1997/100630-does-sound-like-okay-deal.html Thanks :)

Last edited: