Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What REALLY gets up your nose about other drivers

What gets your goat?

• Motorbikes who cut between lanes of stopped traffic

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • Overtaking on blind corners

Votes: 29 13.9%
  • 5-10kmh under the limit while traffic queues up behind

Votes: 70 33.7%
  • People who tailgate you when you are doing exactly the limit

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • People who don't indicate

Votes: 52 25.0%
  • Hogging the right lane

Votes: 53 25.5%
  • People who pretend multi lane roundabouts are single lane

Votes: 27 13.0%
  • 4 Wheel Driver Ignorance

Votes: 50 24.0%
  • Oblivious to other traffic (synonymous with above lol)

Votes: 56 26.9%

• Total voters

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Hey all... lets find out what, of the list below, annoys you the most.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
older drivers looking at a p plater and automatically deciding they're a bad driver without even thinking it is them who cant drive.....
being tailgated while doin the limit is fun....the people behind ya get so pissed off if you just sit there, and they aint gonna hit ya coz itd b there fault....my tip....slow down a bit, no brakes tho just take ya foot off the accelerator and see how slow you can go without the person behind ya flashing his/her lights, beeping the horn, or hearing abuse fly in from the side.... i got down to 40 in an 80 zone before the bloke in a 4wd turned his headlights off, then flicked em on high beam and left em there....needless to say i accelerated, to 60 and then sat.....he turned off the next corner.....fuk that was funny

Last edited:

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
i hate tailgaters and 4wds so i didnt vote

i hate 4wds that you cant see past when you want to turn left and they want to go write.
half the time the wave me to go.

nomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina wagon.
ashzv6 said:
i hate 4wds that you cant see past

So, do you hate all vehicles that are bigger than yours then. This would include forward control vans such as Hiace, Nissan, Mitsubishi etc. What about pantec trucks?

What I hate are tailgaters, people who don't indicate or only indicate as they start to turn the corner & people who hold up traffic because they can't reverse park into a spot I could drive my wagon into forwards.
Then there's those who overtake you when you're doing the speed limit, & as soon as they've gotten in front of you, they slow down & drive at 10 kph below the speed limit. This one really annoys me. :ranting:
Last one for now, are the fools who don't keep their cars headlights aligned properly, & you get blinded by them at night even when they are on low beam.

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Series 2
I could make a list a mile long on this one.

Here's some of my pet hates. (some of these have been mentioned above or in the poll)

The good old go slow, One of the roads in town is posted at 100 but 90% of people only do 80.:ranting:
Not keeping left in overtaking lanes when their passed the other car or when theres no one there.
Slowing down to 15 below the speed limit at speed cameras.
Tailgating - A good hard short hit of the breaks usually stops this, with tailgater swerving hard left.
Increasing speed at overtaking lanes.
People that stop a cars lenght from the stop line at lights, what's with that

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I've got a few that annoy me as well...

People who don't indicate or just stop suddenly without indicating to turn into a street.

People who don't understand the 'rules' on merging traffic in peak hour (if everyone allows one car in front of them in a zipper formation traffic flows a lot smoother).

Drivers with loud sound systems who feel it necessary to share their crap music with all other road users.

People who go 10kmh or more under the speed limit in the right hand lane.

People who tailgate you when you are already going the speed limit or the 5kmh 'speedo' error over and then when you let them past they pull into the next street or the shops just another 200 metres down the road (If anyone tailgates me nowadays I just flick the brake lights on and off a few times and slow down more just to annoy them even more)

People who honk and abuse you because you have stopped beside a tram with it's lights flashing and passengers alighting (read your road rules idiots!!)

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
_Mukas_ said:
being tailgated while doin the limit is fun....the people behind ya get so pissed off if you just sit there, and they aint gonna hit ya coz itd b there fault....my tip....slow down a bit, no brakes tho just take ya foot off the accelerator and see how slow you can go without the person behind ya flashing his/her lights, beeping the horn, or hearing abuse fly in from the side....

Tee hee! My trick is to just lightly put my left foot on the brake, not enough to slow down or anything, just enough to make the brake lights come on! Then they **** themselves and back off.

But seriously, a lot of things piss me off on the road. Here's just a few that come to mind:

1. 4WD's. Big, ugly, clumsy, dangerous, intimidating, inconsiderate & unnecessary. They get in your way, you cant see past them, their headlights are too high and they blind you, and they are usually driven by totally oblivious soccer mums talking on mobile phones. A 60 kg person in control of a 2 Tonne vehicle - it just doesn't add up.

2. People who see that you're trying to change lanes and purposely close the gap to not let you in - aaaargh!! :ranting:

3. Shitboxes or poorly maintained cars. I don't understand people with L.C.A (low car appreciation). Usually they don't understand people like me with HCA and do stuff like open their doors on you in car parks etc. :bang:

4. As per No. 3 above, but with tacky add-on bits or stickers on their cars which makes them think they're really cool. Admittedly though, these ones are usually good for a laugh!

5. People who know the left lane ends or there are parked cars up ahead but still insist on pushing in by going up the inside. This holds everyone else up. But I love it when nobody lets them in and they get stuck. :yeah:

6. People with slow reaction times or who are half asleep at the wheel. The light goes green and they take forever to go and then I miss the light. My mates always quote what I said to a lady once:
"I'm coming last in this race and it's your fault !!" :D

7. Pedestrians who take their time crossing the road just cos they can.

8. Bicycle riders who expect you to treat them like any other vehicle on the road and give them a whole lane etc, but then disobey the rules when it suits them, eg. running red lights, riding on the footpath etc.

9. People who put their number plates on back to front!! (Small one on the back and large on the front). Can't they read?? It clearly says its an offence to put them on the wrong way, and plus it looks crap!! (I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but it really pisses me off!)

..There are heaps more, but I gotta go now....

Wacky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Sedan
Sydney Drivers:

* Cars that block intersections, and the cars that continuously honk their horns at them, even though it's clear they cannot move out of the way.
* Inconsiderate drivers who feel the need to block all other road users whilst they wait to make a turn or whatever, whereas they could drive another 100m down the road and turn without blocking other traffic, and come back up the road to where they wanted to go, but no, they'd rather inconvenience 20 others instead.
* Drivers that believe that as soon as they indicate, that they have the divine right to change lanes and you MUST give way to them
* Drivers that don't think about their journey, and leave it till the last possible moment to change across 3 lanes to make a turn, when they had the opportunity to do so safely, with minimal disruption to others, for the previous 10 minutes.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
This will open up a can of worms but here goes,

1. 4wd drivers who are nothing short of dangerous on the road. Because they are so high up they don't even see you.

2. Trucks cutting you off running off the road. Nearly been killed twice not a nice feeling.

3. Rice car drivers who do dangerous stuff cause they are under a misconception that their car is all that and a bag of potato chips. Eg. Blocking lanes, Changing a lane while going around a corner and cutting you off, nearly crashing into you. The list goes on.

4. People who abuse you when they are in the wrong. If I made a mistake and you want to give me a serve that's fine.

5. Tailgaters "The faster you go the slower I go." Anyone who wants a new commodore just slam on your breaks.

*6. Also drunk people who walk slowly accross the road, throw crap at your car etc cause they think they're a hero. Went for a drive two weeks ago nearly cleaned up 3 people in 10 minutes because they jumped off the curb without looking

I can add more but I think other people want a say

GLD-086

Reaction score
Well I can't really say people who don't indicate, because that would make me a hypocrite, as sometimes I fail to indicate myself. (Not when there's other cars around though)

I hate tailgaters though.:ranting:

They piss me the f*** off. When I'm doing the speed limit. There's nothing more annoying then some c*** sitting up my ass, trying to get me to go quicker.:ranting: