It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community
Discussion in 'Just Commodores Polls' started by shaggerz, Jul 27, 2006.
Hey all... lets find out what, of the list below, annoys you the most.
older drivers looking at a p plater and automatically deciding they're a bad driver without even thinking it is them who cant drive.....
being tailgated while doin the limit is fun....the people behind ya get so pissed off if you just sit there, and they aint gonna hit ya coz itd b there fault....my tip....slow down a bit, no brakes tho just take ya foot off the accelerator and see how slow you can go without the person behind ya flashing his/her lights, beeping the horn, or hearing abuse fly in from the side.... i got down to 40 in an 80 zone before the bloke in a 4wd turned his headlights off, then flicked em on high beam and left em there....needless to say i accelerated, to 60 and then sat.....he turned off the next corner.....fuk that was funny
i hate tailgaters and 4wds so i didnt vote
i hate 4wds that you cant see past when you want to turn left and they want to go write.
half the time the wave me to go.
So, do you hate all vehicles that are bigger than yours then. This would include forward control vans such as Hiace, Nissan, Mitsubishi etc. What about pantec trucks?
What I hate are tailgaters, people who don't indicate or only indicate as they start to turn the corner & people who hold up traffic because they can't reverse park into a spot I could drive my wagon into forwards.
Then there's those who overtake you when you're doing the speed limit, & as soon as they've gotten in front of you, they slow down & drive at 10 kph below the speed limit. This one really annoys me. :ranting:
Last one for now, are the fools who don't keep their cars headlights aligned properly, & you get blinded by them at night even when they are on low beam.
I could make a list a mile long on this one.
Here's some of my pet hates. (some of these have been mentioned above or in the poll)
The good old go slow, One of the roads in town is posted at 100 but 90% of people only do 80.:ranting:
Not keeping left in overtaking lanes when their passed the other car or when theres no one there.
Slowing down to 15 below the speed limit at speed cameras.
Tailgating - A good hard short hit of the breaks usually stops this, with tailgater swerving hard left.
Increasing speed at overtaking lanes.
People that stop a cars lenght from the stop line at lights, what's with that
I've got a few that annoy me as well...
People who don't indicate or just stop suddenly without indicating to turn into a street.
People who don't understand the 'rules' on merging traffic in peak hour (if everyone allows one car in front of them in a zipper formation traffic flows a lot smoother).
Drivers with loud sound systems who feel it necessary to share their crap music with all other road users.
People who go 10kmh or more under the speed limit in the right hand lane.
People who tailgate you when you are already going the speed limit or the 5kmh 'speedo' error over and then when you let them past they pull into the next street or the shops just another 200 metres down the road (If anyone tailgates me nowadays I just flick the brake lights on and off a few times and slow down more just to annoy them even more)
People who honk and abuse you because you have stopped beside a tram with it's lights flashing and passengers alighting (read your road rules idiots!!)
Tee hee! My trick is to just lightly put my left foot on the brake, not enough to slow down or anything, just enough to make the brake lights come on! Then they **** themselves and back off.
But seriously, a lot of things piss me off on the road. Here's just a few that come to mind:
1. 4WD's. Big, ugly, clumsy, dangerous, intimidating, inconsiderate & unnecessary. They get in your way, you cant see past them, their headlights are too high and they blind you, and they are usually driven by totally oblivious soccer mums talking on mobile phones. A 60 kg person in control of a 2 Tonne vehicle - it just doesn't add up.
2. People who see that you're trying to change lanes and purposely close the gap to not let you in - aaaargh!! :ranting:
3. Shitboxes or poorly maintained cars. I don't understand people with L.C.A (low car appreciation). Usually they don't understand people like me with HCA and do stuff like open their doors on you in car parks etc. :bang:
4. As per No. 3 above, but with tacky add-on bits or stickers on their cars which makes them think they're really cool. Admittedly though, these ones are usually good for a laugh!
5. People who know the left lane ends or there are parked cars up ahead but still insist on pushing in by going up the inside. This holds everyone else up. But I love it when nobody lets them in and they get stuck. :yeah:
6. People with slow reaction times or who are half asleep at the wheel. The light goes green and they take forever to go and then I miss the light. My mates always quote what I said to a lady once:
"I'm coming last in this race and it's your fault !!"
7. Pedestrians who take their time crossing the road just cos they can.
8. Bicycle riders who expect you to treat them like any other vehicle on the road and give them a whole lane etc, but then disobey the rules when it suits them, eg. running red lights, riding on the footpath etc.
9. People who put their number plates on back to front!! (Small one on the back and large on the front). Can't they read?? It clearly says its an offence to put them on the wrong way, and plus it looks crap!! (I know I've mentioned this in another thread, but it really pisses me off!)
..There are heaps more, but I gotta go now....
* Cars that block intersections, and the cars that continuously honk their horns at them, even though it's clear they cannot move out of the way.
* Inconsiderate drivers who feel the need to block all other road users whilst they wait to make a turn or whatever, whereas they could drive another 100m down the road and turn without blocking other traffic, and come back up the road to where they wanted to go, but no, they'd rather inconvenience 20 others instead.
* Drivers that believe that as soon as they indicate, that they have the divine right to change lanes and you MUST give way to them
* Drivers that don't think about their journey, and leave it till the last possible moment to change across 3 lanes to make a turn, when they had the opportunity to do so safely, with minimal disruption to others, for the previous 10 minutes.
This will open up a can of worms but here goes,
1. 4wd drivers who are nothing short of dangerous on the road. Because they are so high up they don't even see you.
2. Trucks cutting you off running off the road. Nearly been killed twice not a nice feeling.
3. Rice car drivers who do dangerous stuff cause they are under a misconception that their car is all that and a bag of potato chips. Eg. Blocking lanes, Changing a lane while going around a corner and cutting you off, nearly crashing into you. The list goes on.
4. People who abuse you when they are in the wrong. If I made a mistake and you want to give me a serve that's fine.
5. Tailgaters "The faster you go the slower I go." Anyone who wants a new commodore just slam on your breaks.
*6. Also drunk people who walk slowly accross the road, throw crap at your car etc cause they think they're a hero. Went for a drive two weeks ago nearly cleaned up 3 people in 10 minutes because they jumped off the curb without looking
I can add more but I think other people want a say
Well I can't really say people who don't indicate, because that would make me a hypocrite, as sometimes I fail to indicate myself. (Not when there's other cars around though)
I hate tailgaters though.:ranting:
They piss me the f*** off. When I'm doing the speed limit. There's nothing more annoying then some c*** sitting up my ass, trying to get me to go quicker.:ranting:
I went with tailgaters but the one that really gets me is when people suddenly find the accelerator at overtaking lanes or when generally overtaking. This one gets to me cause one night driving back from Brisbane, probably watched the nrl, a car was doin about 85-90 in a hundred zone. After following for about ten minutes I come to a long stretch of road, no oncoming traffic, drop back to third, launched around, pulled along side and walla thats as far as it got. Genius thought is was a good time for a race I suppose cause at about 115 we were goin even and a car starts comin the other way. No problem me thinks as I bury the peddle a bit more, (ok flat) and the super dooper 1000 year old slushbox decides that 2nd gear is the way to go. problem is the engine is revving to hell and accelleration stops. The car in front ended up pulling off the road to let me through ( I probably would have just made it but good on them anyway) and genius racer on the left of me made no effort to let me through. Scared the **** outa me but hey.
-people that refuse to let you merge after traffic lights when 2 lanes become 1
-people that try to get around you on overtaking lanes at the last second or continue to drive parallel when the scrub is coming up fast.
-people that continue to try and do 150 on the highway. I'd happily go 150 but only if everyone else is doin it. teenage girls in Barinas and 40-50 year old women in Magnas and camrys i find the worst for speeding.
that will do for now.
im guilty of lane cutting twin lane roundabouts but thats only in the dead of the night, during the day i'll stay in my lane.
from the looks of things a lot of people agree with my annoyance
"lack of awareness"
before i got my license i was told one peice of advice which i abide by
" We [ parents ] dont care what you do if your gonna be an idiot but for gods sake watch out for every other ********. " and as im sure we all have, i've seen a few.
I could write a whole forum on this one! The things everyone's already said would have been top of the list. 4wd drivers! FFS get a normal sized vehicle so that people can see around you, it's fine if you actually take it offroad or tow something or actually need it for something practical, but otherwise what do you need one for other than to piss other people off?
People who tailgate when you're already going 5k's over the limit, I've hit my brakes a few times at some of them, people who do 10 to 20k's under the limit in the right hand lane, huge trucks that physically can't accelerate to the speed limit without a km of road (like cement mixers) that will go into the front of a right hand lane at an intersection red light because there's trucks in the left lane, yeah good one buddies, block both lanes!!! (I've seen that happen like 2 or 3 times in the past couple of days)
People that can't indicate, it's even worse when it's on a roundabout, and on that note, people that cut you off at a roundabout. It's even worse if they actually see you then do it anyway.
And I agree again, if I do something wrong, then yeah I can understand them giving me a serve, but people who abuse you when they've done something wrong?!
People who are "brake heavy". I swear they must get their brakes and accelerators mixed up, their brake lights are constantly flashing, it's worse when there's nothing in front of them. I don't think I've been stuck behind someone like that before, but I've seen them do it in other lanes and just think wtf?
And one last one (there's more but otherwise my post really will take up the whole forum! ), yeah people who speed up to close a gap when you indicate to change lanes, it's ok if they're already next to you, but to speed up when they're behind you when there was enough room for you to get in is just rude!
No one's a perfect driver, but honestly some of the things you see people do on the road... :bang:
LOL, I love this thread!...
I hate that! Cabbies are usually the main offenders. People who drive an auto with both feet, so their left foot is constantly making the brake lights come on. Then you can't tell when they're braking for real!
lmfao I wish I could have put a thousand options on the poll because there are SERIOUSLY that many things hey!!!
I agree with every single one so far... man I'm glad I'm so laid back or i'd have gotten out the old "attitude adjustment rod" at so many sets of traffic lights by now bwahaha
People who can't check for failed globes really get me. Brake lights especially. How hard is it to change a globe? I followed an old Falcon with no brake lights at all the other day. All the lights on a car are there for a good reason and they NEED to work!!
lol should have an "all the above" one i rrealy get ticked when people dont watch what they are doing and pull out infront of u or people that dont use their indicators.. lol.. i can see me in a few years.. ill need to go to road rage school haha.. n im only an L plater atm lol..
well, eveythign mentioned already are things that piss me off. a few things that haven't been mentioned (most likely because you're all P-platers or fully licenced drivers): when ********s see L'plates, and immediately overtake you and floor it to get away from you, and as they pass you they just stare and sometimes even scream out something....it doesn't really piss me off, it just makes me think how stupid some people are, i'm doing the speed limit like everyone else, and they decide to scream at you anyway. i love it when these same ********s end up next to you at the lights, despite the fact they were doing well over the speed limit when they where overtaking. also, when people come out of stop signs because they see you're a learner, and simply think "**** it i'm going." i love when people pull up next to you at the lights so they can take off quickly and get into in front of you, and they're in a piece of **** bomb of a car, and they have trouble keeping up when you aren't even racing them (i drive a vr v6, so you don't need to hit the pedal hard to move quicker than a shitbox liek some crappy corolla, that's for sure!)
don't think that i'm dragging on my learners, i'm simply explaining a few situations, where people try to get off the line quicker than you in **** cars, and they can't, hehe
Ohh i dunno about that one
People who sit right up your arse while you do the speed limit **** me to tears.... It's even worse when they pass you, slow down and grease you off like your a criminal..
I think they expect young people in nice cars to drive like farkwits..
There should be another one on there:
People who drive at 40k in a school zone OUTSIDE of school times... for ****s sake read a ****ing sign people:hit:
Separate names with a comma.