Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What rear springs will fit on a VP V8 Wagon?

VNCalais3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1, VP Executive V8 Wagon
I need to know what rear springs are compatible with a VP V8 wagon with IRS, as the king springs that are on it are mostly fully compressed these are only a month old and seem to be sagging and due to the rear end being so low the tyres scrub on the guards. Any info on the springs would be much appreciated.

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
Getting a camber kit should stop it rubbing if it's only the top inside of the tyre rubbing

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Are VN and VP V8 and V6 rear wagon springs the same?.

According to the part numbers, V6 and V8 rear springs are the same. In fact any live axle spring will fit.

Im confused about your initial post about a wagon with IRS, wagons didn't have IRS until the VT (unless someone went the trouble of putting it in)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You probably have Ultra Lows in there, and you won't have IRS if it's a VP wagon.

VNCalais3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V6 S1, VP Executive V8 Wagon
My bad, it's that low i cant even see what axle it has, lol. Your right Shearer and Not_An_Abba_Fan i managed to catch a glimpse of a live rear axle under the VP wagon this morning. Are the wagon and sedan rear springs the same?.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, wagon and ute are the same though. But they will fit each other, just the sedan spring will make the wagon sit lower.