Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What rwhp are you making?

ported

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk calias
Just thought id get a rough idea how much power you guys are making to the tires and what quarter mile times anmd mph?
My vk calias 308 is preety slow at a gues it would be around 90 rwhp and around a 16 sec quarter
My Rx4 made 240rwhp (13b bridge port n/a) and did a preety piss poor 13.9 @ 98 mph desperatly starving for fuel. The motor im buildeing now is a 13b peripheral port and will be putting out about 300rwhp and looking for low to mid 12's.
So what kinda power are you guys making in your commodores with wat motor and modifications, im keen to try and get this vk moving along a bit better

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I would say Im making at least 160 rwkw possibly up towards 170 once I give it a tune with the aftermarket EFI in my VK.

Engine is a fully rebuilt, balenced & blueprinted injected 304, high lift cam, ACL race series rebuild kit, pacemaker headers, exhaust, after market injection & ignition computer with 4 coil packs to be installed once the car is finished & drivable.

its yet to go into the dyno or down the 1/4 but it should be pretty quick

cheers
Scott

Last edited:

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
sweet f**k all....... :D my vh has a 173 with pacies cai and 8mm leads so probs bout 80kw maby at most. its not a performance car its got enough power for me now but in the future ill probs put in an lsd, im putting a webber on and possibly a mild cam in it nothing to major i dnt want a car that has stupid amounts of hp im not into go im more bout show.

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
my std ( except for 40thou pistons ) brock vk made 175.5rwhp while blowing smoke. had stuffed rings at the time but have since rebuilt the motor, still basically std just new. havent been able to take it to the strip yet but my old vl 5.0l did a 14.9 with an open diff, std trimatic and street tyres. the brocks manual with lsd and feels quicker than the vl did so at a guess id say a mid to high 14 for it.

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
173 over here and stock is what 73KW? so with 2.5" exhaust "advance" extractors and new leads id say 80KW as well... i like mine looking pretty and comfortable before going fast... with only 104K on this engine i aint gettin rid of it any time soon and it feels fast never driven anything more powerful so no comparisons yet

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
go 4 a drive in a gen III, i did and now i soo want a v8

im probably putting around 80 ish at the wheels i guess, dont really have a clue though, want 2 get it dynoed 1 day

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Stuff knows how much the old girl makes!. Factory it made 125 flywheel kW(168hp). So using the old saying say 20-30% drive train loss it would make 90-100 rwkW(130-140rwhp). But the motor has had a tickle, ported heads, mild cam(i think towing type cam) redline single plane manifold and 600 Vac Sec carby. Also extractors/sports zorst. I haven't had it on a dyno yet. One day i will get it on there.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
did some actual calculations just for shits and giggles and i have roughtly 112hp at the wheels probs a bit more wen i put my new carbie and full custom cai on. witch will be before christmas

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
I think the blue 173's had like 76kw at the flywheel.

I'm rebuilding mine with a few goodies (nothing hardcore) and I'm hoping to get around 80kw at the wheels.