Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Safe (ish) wheel HP for a built 4L60e

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I think you should try both.
CNC heads and blower :)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Currently looking at a HTV1900

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Go bigger....cooler air at lower boost levels,less stressed yada yada

*turn mofo up when bored in 12 months lol

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Currently looking at a HTV1900
Hey mate. Good luck with whatever path you choose, much fun should be had either way I reckon.
I just got my VE back from a full re-tune. Obviously not LS1 but it has a decent cam and the baby Magnusson 1900 blower. Made 375rwkw and 945 nm at 3500 through a built 6L80.
That was running about 8 psi they said.
It is effortless fun.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I went the HTV2300 with the 85mm pulley

images.jpeg-4.jpg

Having it installed and tuned at Autotech Engineering sometime in April

Harrop have a backlog to work through and they will start building the HTV2300 to suit my LS1 around 19 March

I'm also getting a new hiflow fuel pump installed at the same time, not that it is needed, more for piece of mind, I assume it still has the original fuel pump it rolled of the line with nearly 20 years ago

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
I ordered my Harrop SC in January this year..was told 4 to 6 weeks....checked up my shop late last week and its still 2-4 weeks away.... Hopefully your order works out faster than mine has.

edit...I also had my 4l60 built last year...was told its good for around 700 'ENGINE HP'. I'm guessing at this stage that if your gonna be peeling tyres off your car then you may be pushing the 4l60.

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I ordered my Harrop SC in January this year..was told 4 to 6 weeks....checked up my shop late last week and its still 2-4 weeks away.... Hopefully your order works out faster than mine has.

edit...I also had my 4l60 built last year...was told its good for around 700 'ENGINE HP'. I'm guessing at this stage that if your gonna be peeling tyres off your car then you may be pushing the 4l60.
I've a

As they do these in big batches I would assume yours and mine both will be somewhere on the assembly line from 19 March

I would also assume yours will be in front of mine as my order went through at the begining of Feb

tenor.gif

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Between you two and at least one other on here = posting..
You're such bad influence, ha ha ha ha.!!!!!

I sooo want to go the next step!!!!!

Dropped into the place that fitted and tuned my 2300 supercharger way back in 2014 .
, today.
Give me a rough cost = Gilmore drive, exhaust , heads off , ls7 lifters, tunoin roller rockers, cam = rev to safely to about 7000k.
Said I'd do the airbox.
Waiting patiently = for their quote.!!

They said , sould reach comfortablely 400 rwkw.
If I finally go , maybe 3.9 diff gears ( truetac) = should be an aursome improvement

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might have missed it but did you happen to mention the cost of the 4l60e including install? I was given an estimate of $3500 today but more if it needing planetary gear IIC? Last time I spoke to the same bloke he told me $1800 - $2000 fitted. I must have misunderstood and and a mostly stock build is $2k, not one built for boost?