Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what series

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
hi all im new to this commodore stuff having owned nissans previosly and was wanting to know how do i tell if i have a series I or series II VY where do i look so i can tell which series i have so i can get the right parts for it ie: 3 window cluster etc.etc stuff i should probably know but dont
thanx

browny888

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy equipe v6
I will start with the obvious stuff......it will have a series 2 badge and a chrome strip on the boot

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 dec acclaim no badges sorry been debadged by previous owner who i asked and he doesnt know said he didnt care he just drove the f*!# thing

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Series I = Sep 2002 to Aug 2003.
Series II = Aug 2003 to Aug 2004.

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks for the info K-BAGS tell me when i do the manual conversion will i have to change my headers to suit the gearbox like i did with my old s14
id rather not they are 2" lukey extractors and i dont really want to buy a new set if i can aviod it seeing as these were already on the car when i bought it nothing lost really

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
I can't really comment because I've never installed Lukey headers before. I can't gain access to a Walker catalogue at the moment either.

Well, considering Pacemaker offer different headers to suit the manual and auto transmission, I suppose that Lukey would the same.

May I ask why the manual conversion? The 260 Getrag isn't all that a great gearbox, if anything go the loyal T5. But that would be a backwards step being a VY. A T56 would go alright, but only with the LS1. Is there anything wrong your 4L60 at the moment?

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
a bit slippy from time to time and i like the manual as opposed to auto just cause ive always owned manual cars and my left foot gets bored doing nothing hahaha

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You won't have to change your exhaust at all but you will have to look into the electrics as I believe the auto runs off a combination of the engine ecu and the BCM (body control management).