Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should a boosted ignition timing map look like?

VSteve

Reaction score
I just purchased a memcal programmer and hope to do some tuning of a supercharged ecotec running 9psi. Just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post up some graphs or maps of ignition timing curves when running boost. I have heard of people using standard maps with 9psi intercooled.. Surly that is not possible?!? I also looked into using a L67 map but this has more timing than the L36. How could that be possible?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
best bet is slap in the vs l67 tune with Vt xu6 spark table and run that goes real well .there is a vs l67 bin online with xu6 timing but it doesnt have the xu6 high rpm timing so it falls over higher in the revs

VSteve

Reaction score
Would any wiring mods be needed when running L67 bin? Can the EGR be left plugged in? Also if tuning for a VT i take it I should just use the xu6 bin? Would a VS bin work in a VT? Is the real world L67 timing less than the L36 because as far as I can tell in the maps it has more advance which can't be healthy @ 9 psi. I am guessing intake temp correction and other variables would pull it back a bit in the real world?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah just run the xu6 bin if its vt.egr just unplug the wires for it.the timing uses so many tables so dont worry about the extra timing if you are using L67 injectors and fuel pressure reg youll be laughing straight away.

VSteve

Reaction score
What is a L67 fuel pressure reg rated at? The L36 VT has a 3.5 bar reg which with 36lb injectors would have been heaps. The injectors would be no where near max duty cycle. So why would Holden go to the trouble of getting a different reg when the one out of there most common engine would work fine?