Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should a wheel alignment cost for a VS ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Any tips on best type of shop for a wheel alignment or does it depend more on the mechanic ? And what should it cost ? I've seen prices from $45 to $70.
Does anyone recommend Pedders for alignments ?

Last question , on a standard VS can I ask for extra negative camber on the front and should that cost extra ?
Thanks for replies.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Do you have IRS? or just after a front aligment ? the price range you were quote is just about right, I asume for the front
I dont know about the negative camber,but if they think its dangerous or not within the vehicle specifications they may not do it for legal reasons

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I get mine done for $28! :S I guess depends on the mechanic. Not sure but i think Bob Jane used to be really cheap! Around the $35-40 mark, not sure about now though. Best place to get them done is at a place that actually sells wheels (not some mechanics that just has the machine).

I havn't tried pedders yet, i think i will in future though for when i get stronger parts than ARB stuff.

May cost extra i guess, then again, i'm not too sure on that one as i dont pay real amounts.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Last year i got it done at pedders and it was about $70. They seemed to do a good job too. Now i need another alignment cos i just fitted poly bushes in the front, just wondering if its worth the extra $25 or if the cheap places are as good.
Has IRS but i don't think there is any adjustment on VS IRS ? anyhow , the rear tyres last 65000 k's so there's no probs with the rear, just the front.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Pedders so far are the only place that has done a wheel alignment for me that I have been happy with.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
you shouldn't pay more than $50 and taking it to cheaper places is fine, remember if your not happy with it keep on taking it back until you are!

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Yeah, you should be able to ask for some more negative camber.

My dad did when he took his Monaro down.

Just say you want an extra 1/2 a degree of negative camber on the front wheels.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
They do rear aligments on the irs and its usually about the $70 dollar mark and if you drop your car on its guts it can take up all of the adjustment and you will need a camber kit ,something too think about before lowering your car ,if you ever decide to

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Last year i got it done at pedders and it was about $70. They seemed to do a good job too. Now i need another alignment cos i just fitted poly bushes in the front, just wondering if its worth the extra $25 or if the cheap places are as good.
Has IRS but i don't think there is any adjustment on VS IRS ? anyhow , the rear tyres last 65000 k's so there's no probs with the rear, just the front.

If you're getting 65,000kms out of the rear in an IRS commie, DON'T TOUCH IT. That's prefect! Getting a decent wheel alignment is tough. Some Pedders are good and some are terrible. Same applies to any franchise. I had a P.S rack replaced and in doing the wheel alignment afterward I had 30mm of toe out! Find someone good and stick with them, whatever it costs.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Thanks for the good advice guys, I've booked it back into the same pedders as last time for this friday. See how they go with the extra camber. They had the poo's last time cos they said i put the bolt on backwards on the bottom of the strut so it was hard to loosen it to adjust the camber or something ....
Yeah, 65 k aint bad , got the same from my previous set of tyres too , they were those cheap 'ELITE' tyres. I always wonder why people complain about rear tyre wear with IRS ... guess i'm just lucky. Could it be the Sports Ryder shocks with standard springs?