Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should be my next mod [LS1]

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
hey people.
i have a VY series II SS ute.
mods done so far:
Comp cam (mild cam, spec's unknown)
OTR intake
Maffles tune
Pacemaker extractors
Custom twin 2 1/2 exhaust with X-force stainless hi-flow cats and Red Back high flow muffler.

got a new clutch going in on Wednesday (TEX Z grip clutch with a Ripshift), so more power is on the line.

i have been thinking a storker kit, but what are some other mods i can do to get some good numbers with out going forced induction (not yet anyway).

helicraze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Clubsport R8
Aside from spending lots of cash on little things for minimal gains eg MSD coils, fast manifold, larger TB, best to save for the stroker kit. About 10K i think drive in and out.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
actualy i wouldnt mind a larger TB. i keep reading everywhere that these motors love air.

and Dammmm!!! was not expecting stroker kit to be that much. i just want the kit, and probs fit myself.

nate-vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
blown vy v8 ute
actualy i wouldnt mind a larger TB. i keep reading everywhere that these motors love air.

and Dammmm!!! was not expecting stroker kit to be that much. i just want the kit, and probs fit myself.

you could prob pick up a kit for round 4-5ish maybe ? but your pretty keen to do it yourself . you a mechanic ?

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
You could get the manifold and TB setup (85-92mm) for about $1,500. Apparently it's around the 20hp gain mark. I would dare say that would also be after a decent dyno tune, another $1k +

17UCK!

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs III commodore ute
diff gears, bigger thottle body, heads. ive heard the fast manifolds dont do much unless u have stroker kit or turbo or blower.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
depends on how much more power you want some 383's will give you 450rwhp depending on whats in it

karlos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S/C & BA XR6T
Diff gears and brakes.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
you could prob pick up a kit for round 4-5ish maybe ? but your pretty keen to do it yourself . you a mechanic ?
naa nate, i wish i was a machanic.

depends on how much more power you want some 383's will give you 450rwhp depending on whats in it
can someone explain or direct me to what 383's are?

Diff gears and brakes.
yeah diff gear is on the list. i thought about brakes, but at the prices i got quoted....hell no! i mite find some Maloo ones.

nevbal

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hey people.
i have a VY series II SS ute.
mods done so far:
Comp cam (mild cam, spec's unknown)
OTR intake
Maffles tune
Pacemaker extractors
Custom twin 2 1/2 exhaust with X-force stainless hi-flow cats and Red Back high flow muffler.

got a new clutch going in on Wednesday (TEX Z grip clutch with a Ripshift), so more power is on the line.

i have been thinking a storker kit, but what are some other mods i can do to get some good numbers with out going forced induction (not yet anyway).
Next mod would be heads ,depending on cam specs you should see the 300rwkw mark ,
dont waste your money on fancy manifolds, a t/b helps
spend a little extra and get double valve springs for your own insurance .