Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should i buy for a full service

michael3664

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve holden
I got my 2008 ve holden at 200k and it had no service book so I changed the oil and now it's at 215k id like to know everything I should buy to make sure it runs as smooth as posable. my friends a mechanic and would help me do it all I just got to buy everything first.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Oil, [as specified for your engine, not cheap crappy oil]
Oil Filter,
Sump Drain Plug Washer/Seal,
Air Filter,
Cabin Filter,
Fuel Filter,
Brake Fluid if you want to flush the Brakes,
Radiator Coolant if you want to do a Radiator Flush,
That's all I can think of at the moment.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If its a V6 change the oil and filter every 7.5k and not 15k. Less likely to have sludging problems.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
As you have no service book, i’d have asked the seller who last serviced their vehicle and whether it was regularly serviced at the same place, then I’d call or drop by that dealer/mechanic and get copies of the service docs. That way you’d know the state of service.

But if you didn’t get such info, and can’t get it now, I’d assume nothing has been done so as a minimum, the diff, transmission and engine oils should be flushed and replaced (with new filters where required). Then look at fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, plugs, leads coil pack, etc. Also, it may be time for new bushes and shocks, etc. It all depends on how the vehicle is currently performing, what you want to spend and how much you want to ‘renew’ your older car.

A good source of information on what needs to be done can be found on Holdens web site which outlines each scheduled service and what is replaced. Oddly 2008 VE is not listed but 2010 is and should not be different in any meaningful way. I’d look at that as a starting point and step through each scheduled service for an idea of what is done. See here.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
You can usually find full service kits on eBay with genuine parts at pretty good prices for VE's. Worth doing spark plugs as you don't know if they have been done before.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
MAF Sensor cleaner
Throttle body cleaner.
A set of o2 sensors.