Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should i do now with my stereo?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
LOL @ the past 10 comments......

harvz...theres no point in using 6x9s if you have subs.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
There is if you dont want to spend heaps on top of the line splits, and want a louder stereo...

I have Alpine splits, amped.. and kenwood three way 6x9's, amped.. and without them there is a definate difference... the amount of sound that comes out of them is huuuuge...

I have the cross over on the amp set to highs for the 6x9's to let the subs take over the lows..

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I dont run any rear speakers at all and I think my system sounds infinitely better than pretty much any that includes 6x9s. Why someone would want sound coming from behind them when listening to music i'll never understand. You don't stand with your back turned from the stage at a concert do you?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
No, but there is nothing to look at when you listen to a stereo in your car..

You dont turn around in circles listening to surround sound do you??

Thats your opinion, how could a stereo with two speakers sound infinately better than any other combo of 4 or more speakers?? it would be only coming out of the two front doors, getting muffled by your legs etc..

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
They have speakers in the front and back of cars, for the same reason quad and 5.1 surround sound for home theaters and tvs . it sounds GOOD!
If it doesnt sound good, you need some better speakers

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
LOL @ the past 10 comments......
Exactly why I've given up on this thread :bang:

So many people who know very little about car audio giving out poor advice. Makes it very hard to help people properly.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
No, but there is nothing to look at when you listen to a stereo in your car..

You dont turn around in circles listening to surround sound do you??

Thats your opinion, how could a stereo with two speakers sound infinately better than any other combo of 4 or more speakers?? it would be only coming out of the two front doors, getting muffled by your legs etc..

You're right that is my opinion! :thumbsup:

A stereo with 2 speakers can sound infinitely better for a number of reasons. First of all everything you are playing through the system is recorded in stereo. Second of all, more speakers does not equal better, one quality set of component speakers will do a much better job at accurately reproducing the sound than a car filled with a crap load of speakers and 6x9s. Yes a sub will be required if you want to playback subbass frequencies, as a 6.5" speaker isn't physically capable of producing sound at these frequencies (i guess you could go for a 3way setup but that just complicates my point).

I don't like 6x9s as they don't accurately reproduce the sound. They are a 'jack of all trades' kind of speaker, they can play back a wide range of frequencies, just not as well as a combination of tweeters, mids and woofers.

A decent system will have the main focus on the front speakers as that is where the listener (driver) sits. The sub is supposed to complement these speakers. For many the 'perfect' setup is one where the sub is indistinguishable, where the bass sounds like its coming from the front speakers. This is really hard to achieve and may not be to everyone's liking anyway. The use of rear speakers is mainly for 'fill' or for rear passengers, they aren't meant to play a major part in the system at all.

They have speakers in the front and back of cars, for the same reason quad and 5.1 surround sound for home theaters and tvs . it sounds GOOD!
If it doesnt sound good, you need some better speakers

Home theatre and stereo are two completely different things.

Perhaps I do need some better speakers, any 6x9s you could recommend? :whistling

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Exactly why I've given up on this thread :bang:

So many people who know very little about car audio giving out poor advice. Makes it very hard to help people properly.

dont give up man!

so, installed the idmax's yet?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Ahhh man, is this where the car audio section has dropped to?
We should be able to delete wrong or misleading posts me thinks.

PLEASE PEOPLE....IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT DONT POST A REPLY!!!