Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should i do now with my stereo?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
lol hilarious thread ... but anyway i have had systems with subs and 6x9's and withsubs without 6x9's and i think that two sets of splits and 1 or two subs are the way to go 6x9s are loud but they dont have the same refinement that splits have and so they work allright as a bass / midrange but lack anything else ... so i would go with splits up front splits or even just coaxiels in the back and 1 or 2 12"subs depending on your preference. these days theres plenty of 12" subs that produce more than enough power for even the biggest bass head

Or even better, just one very good set of splits and a sub(s).

xSpikex

Spike
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
yeah it was last year. i entered a VR all year except for one round which i entered a yellow mazda 1980 323 hatch. 4 x 12" subs in a ported box and an 1100watt lil wonder soundstream amp. it was recorded by warren who manages BDL in fyshwick and was in the 140's. going back to the commodore it was only 138/139. didnt enter this year but next year im entering again but with 4 x 15s ported instead

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Or even better, just one very good set of splits and a sub(s).

+1 on this. More people need to listen to 'refined' systems before making uninformed decisions about audio systems, which lead to incorrect information being posted on forums.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Now I know very little about car audio but ...

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 124

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
and was in the 140's. going back to the commodore it was only 138/139. didnt enter this year but next year im entering again but with 4 x 15s ported instead

so, in the 140's is 151.7dB?

as for the 1990 VL, we had already established that he fails at numbers anyway!

surely this whole thread is a joke? every single number is higher than what it really is! lmao!

xSpikex

Spike
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
yeah i wrote the first post 3 years ago. it was a 1990 VN. 1 letter typo. also it was meant to say 141.7 which is whats written on one of the certificates i have. soz didnt realise it was such a big deal making 1 letter/characters typos. i must be ####ing retarded hey? regardless. i won the street stock a division comp last year and the year before in ACT. all i wanted was some advice not some nitpicking and condescending bullshit. cheers

xSpikex

Spike
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
ah, pics?

and 2009 - 2011 isn't 3 years...

actually if i posted april 2009 then its been over 2 years.
I consider 2009 as one year
2010 as another year
and halfway through 2011 as another year
then generalising with 3 years is ####ing good enough for me.