Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should i do to improve my vy

nezzy88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hey guys,

Just got a vy, not to sure about what mods to do.

I want a better sound system was thinking of just changing the speaker first to see how the deck performs then. Does anyone know what size the stock standard speakers are for a Acclaim 03. Also are tweeters good to add.

It definitly needs a spoiler, does anyone know where to get them for a good price.

:bang:

[ASLYVY]

DavidP
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
hey,

ah well any speaker will perform better than the standard speakers, as i have a vy also...although you will not get the full potential of any speaker off of the stock headunit because of the crappy amp of the thing!!

i suggest go for a set of 6" components (with tweeters) as this will give better sound quality....a good set of 6" coaxials in the back doors....or other option is 6 x 9 's on the parcel tray...depending on your DOOF DOOF liking :p...

if not satisfied the next step would be...changing the headunit to something with rca outputs for an amp to hook up the the front components...as this will release the full potential...

i have recently changed the VY headunit to a double din pioneer...and even the 4 x 50w amp compared to the crappy 15-20w blaupunkt gives a real difference at higher volumes...and i have also gone the 6 x 9 option...

my next step is to now install a pioneer 2 channel amp i have lying around 2 some new 6" components i am purchasing and then a Mono block amp for 2 subs :D

hope this helpssssss

good luck:thumbsup:

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
im pretty sure the door speakers are 6 inch but u can fit a 6 and a half in there and put an amp in if the deck doesnt perform how u want u could do that. my mate picked up a spoiler from the wreckers for like 100 i think just needed to get it painted and fitted good luck

#1VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SpAK M5
hey, i jsut brought my VY a month ago and i really into my DOOF DOOF so i went too a pro too get my sterio done same guy i get all my stuff done from and u can not compare stock systems too upgraded ones there is just a sh** load of diff a new deck and speackers are a must and if you get a decent deck you wont have too get a amp straight away as long as you take it easy jus depends on how much u like ya doof doof and wanna spend.
im running a top line pioneer deck
6" hurtz splits @ front
6" 2 ways hurtz in the rear doors
6"9" hurtz in the parcel shelf
2 12" 1000w pioneer subs in a custom box
things is OFF THE HOOK CRAZY LOUD.
pm back if ur in melb

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Perhaps you could start by detailing it then go over it with a sharp eye and check for any defects or anything that is illegal on it. Make necessary repairs and then 'drive to survive'.