Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should i do to my VK 202 EFI???

B

big_c_43

Sup, i have bought my first car, a VK 202 EFI with about 165,000 km i have not got the car yet but will soon.

I would like to know ppls opinions on what i should do to my car underneath the hood. I have about $2000 - $2500 to spend and i dont want to make any conversions to a V8 because i will be on my P's.

I have read on this site that extractors came stock on the VK 202 EFI's is this true?

Thanx

K

kel_VK_Calais

big_c_43 said:
I have read on this site that extractors came stock on the VK 202 EFI's is this true?

Thanx

Apparentally, they do come out with just basic extractors...I've also got the same car as you, and mine have extractors, but just standard one's, nothing that flash. Make sure you psot some pics up when you get the car (y)

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Car won't work too well without extractors ;) The stock ones will be a smaller bore than aftermarket performance extractors - that it the real difference.

B

big_c_43

kel_VK_Calais said:
Make sure you psot some pics up when you get the car (y)

I sure will, thanx for ur kowledge. Do u know what mods would be best for me to do in prefrence?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
v6 conversions are the way to go... hmm... I dont know what the costs would be though.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
SUSPECT said:
waste of time save up and buy somthing like a vr or vs :D thats my opinion tho

Nah ! v6's would go even better in a smaller lighter car !!!

I'd do it myself if I had some spare moolah laying about doing nothing!!!

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
yah v6 vks are killa, cosin has done it 2wice and they were quick, corvette piston in the box and it was crazy,
cost him 1300 for the trans and motor, vn series 2
and 300 for electrison to wire it up
labour of the swap got family friend to do it so not alot, but cant b 2 hard straght swap pritty much

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
big_c_43 said:
Sup, i have bought my first car, a VK 202 EFI with about 165,000 km i have not got the car yet but will soon.

I would like to know ppls opinions on what i should do to my car underneath the hood. I have about $2000 - $2500 to spend and i dont want to make any conversions to a V8 because i will be on my P's.

Thanx
Holley,Cam,202 Alloy Rocker Cover,New Leads,Full Serivce,give the outside paint some work ie a polish,nice set of wheels,alarm,insurance,tint,sports wheel,stereo. Theres ya $ already gone

Don't expect huge power out of a 202 but there unbreakable engines