Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what should i expect (3 part)

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
Oh k guys im gonna need ur expert opinions again lol thanx in advance.
First part: Since my car is scheduled to go to the garage next week to get my cams done, headers, high flow cat and tune, what sort of result should i be expecting? Any ideas how much rwkw should i achieve? Also got ss induction and K&N Filter.
Second part: If i decided to stroke it as well including the said above then again what should i be expecting?
Third part: when u stroke it, what else do i have to replace aside from the crank shaft or is it more complicated than that? Is there any other part of the engine that needs to be replaced?

Again TY sorry but my mechanical knowledge arent that flush so i will appreciate any kind of advice n info. im juz thinkin that it might save me a whole bunch if i get it done in 1 go since im gettin the cam done already anyway. And i will also update the progress n post the fix when all is done( only if u guys r interested lol) Hopefully i get a fair bit of responses since i have to decide soon b4 tuesday nextweek. thanks again M8s

Malcolm

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
trust me mate stroking it "coz its already in the shop" isnt the way to go called up about a 355 stroker and cam for a vn ss looking at 12,000 all up including labor

v8ondubz

L.ove O.f V. 8 E.ngine
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 vt 5 litre
Really Damn!!!!! im quoted 4K without stroking it so 8k more to stroke it gosh dont worry about it lol hahaha tah bud