Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What should u I pay for 340 HSV header and Cat

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Each to their own but based on the performance gains (10kw) I couldn't justify the cost of aftermarket headers.

If you could pick up some cheap HSV versions, why not

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Each to their own but based on the performance gains (10kw) I couldn't justify the cost of aftermarket headers.

If you could pick up some cheap HSV versions, why not

Agreed, the 10kw gain was not worth the extra $1500, but the note sure was!

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
I paid $300 plus $30 delivery for a set of 340 HSV Headers and Cats.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
He also thought that the $6600 to buy Walkinshaw badged off the shelf stuff was a good idea!

What 'off the shelf' Walkinshaw parts did they get for their $6600?

I'd never buy second hand HSV or new Walkinshaw parts.

I’d search for a better result for my money and the above quoted 10 extra kW for aftermarket headers would be ok by me as it plays its part in the overall performance gains.

Still you invited opinions by asking the question and that’s my answer but of course it’s your money and after having read many posts by you on the subject I would guess you’ve already made your mind up.

Me, well I know I can’t be trusted and the performance I truly believe is all I want today may not be the case further down the line and when that happens it’s nice to know I didn’t waste money on a redundant outlay.

We are just two fellows with different ideas on what we want from our cars, there's nothing new there.

RedLineMike

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline
Best to get in good with your local tuner, I got my HSV 340 Headers+Cats for a box of beer as they installed them which they got plenty of workshop labour from, Worth noting my car ran 236rwkws un tuned with HSV Headers, cats and Ramjet OTR, Not bad for a 6.0 Auto. Now runs 250rwkws tuned.

MarcoVFRedline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Best to get in good with your local tuner, I got my HSV 340 Headers+Cats for a box of beer as they installed them which they got plenty of workshop labour from, Worth noting my car ran 236rwkws un tuned with HSV Headers, cats and Ramjet OTR, Not bad for a 6.0 Auto. Now runs 250rwkws tuned.

Nice did you keep cat back stock?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
I think people's budget's play a huge part in all this too, or depends how much of a tight arse you might be :)

I know someone that paid over 9 grand for a supercharger on their Toyota 86, and ended up going from 100 to 137 rwkw. He's in love with it, though I'd shoot myself if I ever thought of spending that sort of coin for such measly gains

Some people have money to burn. Others don't

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
did they bolt direct fit up to your standar system?
Or did you need to stuff around?