Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Size Speakers

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
i think its about time i put in some rear speakers in my vp,it hasnt any insatalled at the moment but in the rear parcel shelf there are 2 places for speakers only they still have the round factory plates still in place,looks like it needs a phillips head screwdriver to undo 3 screws then the metal discs will come out leaving a hole......nowthe question is what is the largest size speakers that will fit in that hole without cutting it,i think the standard ones are 5 inch though ive heard you can put 6 and a halfs in the same hole
cheers fergi

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
hello

i know there is abit of age difference but in my vk the hole on my back shelf was 6.5", but what i am doing is completely taking out the thin piece of wood outta my back shelf and copying it onto a piece of thick mdf, jigsawing the shape of the back shelf out and installing it, also the speaker size i am cutting out is 6X9" because there will be enough room for the magnet to go through the orignal hole in the metal under your back shelf.

cheers

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
did you have to cut out any holes maniac or did the magnets slip straight in the standard holes
cheers fergi

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Magnets slipped in fine and i ran RCAs from the amp to the speakers in the boot, disconecting the factory wiring loom (which are now just hanging there on both sides)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Yr as above the holes can fit up to 6 ad a half inches into them i going to insatll mine soon

O

oldn64

With a fabricated shefl your can get 8" speakers there. I have most of the speaker going through the hole and the rest up onto of the shelf. Make a new parcel shelf not use the original 3mm flimsey wood one. This will last you alot better and sound 20 times better.

cheers