Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What size wheel will fit?

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Hey everyone, just got some king springs super lows fitted (only dropped like 20mm lol) um and i was wandering what size rims would fit on, i was looking at 18's or 19's but not sure whether theyll fit and what problems ill have. Also any info you could provide on what i would need to get done like guards rolled, engineer certificate etc would be sweet!

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers Mitch

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
shouldnt matter if u get 18's or 19's the ride height wont change at all, all ur changin in the tyres is the diameter of ur rim not the tyre itself so really its up 2 u weather u think 18's or 19's will look better on ur car?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
wrx884 said:
shouldnt matter if u get 18's or 19's the ride height wont change at all, all ur changin in the tyres is the diameter of ur rim not the tyre itself so really its up 2 u weather u think 18's or 19's will look better on ur car?
Shouldnt matter?? You totally forgetting the increase in width. A 15x6" rim with a 205 profile tire is just a tad smaller then a 18x8 with a 245+ profile:thumbsup:
AirStrike :air:

Slick6

Reaction score
Website
www.perthfilms.com
Members Ride
Phantom SSV
also make sure that the clown at the tyre shop sells you the right offset rim.

The 17's I have now scrubbed out on my VR when genuine HSV rims didn't. They were like 2mm to wide..

I put them on my VT and they were a tad to wide.. I rolled my guards but allot of this could have been avoided if the sales clown knew what he was doing...

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
AirStrike said:
Shouldnt matter?? You totally forgetting the increase in width. A 15x6" rim with a 205 profile tire is just a tad smaller then a 18x8 with a 245+ profile:thumbsup:
AirStrike :air:

yer thats just in width not actually really changing ur ride height im sure hes not worries bout how wide the tyres r

B

burn454

you gotta watch you dont get rims with a sh!t offset... i have genuine vx gts wheels on my VX calais and they with 235's and they dont scrub at all and my car is lowered 3inch off FE2.
when i was running 245's at the back the tyre touchd the back bar a little bit with a full car..