Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what software is needed for tuning vs v6 ecotec..

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
So spending a lot of coin to go backwards......

H

harrop.senator

Na it's fine for the senator that's batch fire.

Yeah sequential fire is backwards.

But honestly man when there's two tuners that deal with kalmaker in Perth. Seems like more but nope , the main one tunes out of multiple shops with his kalmaker gear. And the other ones an hour and a half away Nd I've seen them ziptie clamp w2a intercooler feed lines to heat exchangers.....

I personally know 5-6 people that can tune haltech for me road or rollers.

It's the entire reason I went the LS pcm. Kalmaker and tunerpro is an extremely capable system when you have a capable tuner.

Spend 10k mates rates machining , buying part out parts and fully assembling it yourself. You get a little itchy trusting tuners that have blown up 3 motors of your mates in 2 years including one that's got valvetrain rattle , has been re tuned 5 times and dropped 50whp since the 20k mates rates 355 that was built 5000kms before and money was spent to replace the previous 2x 304's that were blown on the dyno til he went aftermarket and a new tuner.

The computers only capable of doing what someone tells it to do. You don't tell it what to do properly and it doesn't matter how good it is it does it?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I still think I may get one for the senator over the kalmaker down the line.
Isn't your Senator automatic though?

I think I must be going insane, I could have sworn they had a plugin Elite but I must have just been reading their tech article about using the Elite in a Commodore.

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

Na only one I've seen is plug in platinum. Which is a very old ecu lol.

Yeah it's automatic I can get around that though. I still don't know what direction I'll go with the computer.

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Whats the LS PCM conversion some of you are referencing?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Whats the LS PCM conversion some of you are referencing?
It's where an LS ECU is used instead of the 304 ECU because the LS ECU is waaay more modern and there's much more support for tuning. Needs a complete custom wiring loom, although there are a few companies like Ultimate Conversion Wiring who have the ability to build it for you in kind of a kit.

Reactions: Lex

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Ah, so you are changing the ecu, wiring it, tuning it, and i'm assuming these are a little cheaper to get then a ~2k Hal/Aud/Mo-Tech.

Gotcha.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might as well buy the RAM for the stock PCM, and tune it with a laptop. Cheaper than replacing PCMs.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ah, so you are changing the ecu, wiring it, tuning it, and i'm assuming these are a little cheaper to get then a ~2k Hal/Aud/Mo-Tech.

Gotcha.
I doubt you can do a LS pcm conversion on a V6 or V8 for less then $2k.

HP tuners isn't particularly cheap either so it all adds up.