Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what sort of amp do i need

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Thanks for your help mate your a champion. Ill go the pioneer one and save a bit of $

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Ive decided i wanna get a sub now. Looking to spend 200 to 300 dollars any opinions on some decent ones for that price. Dont really want the boot to rattle though. Does anyone know any good car audio places in perth. Ive been to a few around me and there useless and overpriced. Also will it be ok to run the speakers and sub through the pioneer amp?

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Ive decided i wanna get a sub now. Looking to spend 200 to 300 dollars any opinions on some decent ones for that price. Dont really want the boot to rattle though. Does anyone know any good car audio places in perth. Ive been to a few around me and there useless and overpriced. Also will it be ok to run the speakers and sub through the pioneer amp?

If u don't want the boot to rattle just for for a 10 inch sub or even a twin set up they can still pump a lot of power but not ridiculous like some if the 12 inches do these days

I havnt really looked at seeing what amp u gonna look at buying but a but a good 2 or 4 channel amp should suit it perfectly

It really depends what u wanna do at the end of the day there's always time to upgrade later

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L

That Pioneer 4 channel amp can run your 4 speakers but you can't ALSO run a subwoofer from it. You will need an additional amp for the subwoofer OR run your front speakers and subwoofer from the amp and run your rear speakers from the head unit.

As Nic92 said, bass is air vibration which will vibrate things... It's quite easy to fix boot rattles with things like foam and rubber. You can also deaden the boot to reduce panel vibration and help keep the sound inside the car. I don't recommend going a single 10" in a large sedan, stick to a 12" and just fix any rattles or use the volume control to reduce rattles :)

luke02

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Sweet thanks for the help guys. Hopefully ill find some time to look this weekend

SHFTVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
That Pioneer 4 channel amp can run your 4 speakers but you can't ALSO run a subwoofer from it. You will need an additional amp for the subwoofer OR run your front speakers and subwoofer from the amp and run your rear speakers from the head unit.

As Nic92 said, bass is air vibration which will vibrate things... It's quite easy to fix boot rattles with things like foam and rubber. You can also deaden the boot to reduce panel vibration and help keep the sound inside the car. I don't recommend going a single 10" in a large sedan, stick to a 12" and just fix any rattles or use the volume control to reduce rattles :)

Crnt u use that film the goes in the crevasse on ur boot lid they work a treat

In my lancer I used to have I managed to power front and rear from head unit and sub from amp..now I'm stuck with mono block and type r I hardly use :(

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Crnt u use that film the goes in the crevasse on ur boot lid they work a treat

In my lancer I used to have I managed to power front and rear from head unit and sub from amp..now I'm stuck with mono block and type r I hardly use :(

What film is that? People sometimes use a deadener like the image below which helps but rattles are usually just two items vibrating against each other so if you can find what it is, you can put foam or rubber between the items so they don't rattle anymore. That is probably the cheapest way to eliminate rattles.

558270_473231466031367_620229115_n.jpg

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Just supporting StoneXs response. Dynamat(and similar products) are not designed to stop rattles and vibrations. You first need to find out what TWO components are vibrating against each other. Dynamat is applied to sheetmetal. Sheetmetal doesn't make a single sound until EXTREME sp levels are reached and when that happens....oh god, you know about it.

Do people still attempt to use expanding foam to stop rattles?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Sheet metal resonates at different frequencies, adding mass lowers the fq at which is resonates, which is why only certain area's need treating.