Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sort of gain can I expect after these mods?

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
so how do i sign up for a proflow turbo, that is deadset amazing probs one of the best sleeepers ive seen,

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Cheers mate, does sound pretty good. And mine's still less than 200,000 ahah

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate, does sound pretty good. And mine's still less than 200,000 ahah

IMO better then a xr6t and LS1 conversion haha… easyer to

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Tis, and cheaper too. I am considering it. Depends how work and Uni go.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Yeah I know haha but it gets the better of me seeing her grow and get quicker haha, I dunno. And might be a stupid question on this forum but what would you recommend; an LS1/x conversion on the VS or buying a used BA XR6T?
Both around the 12-15k mark I've read and seen
Id buy the XR6t, atleast then you may have a chance at owning a tidy, reliable car thats not just going to become a moneypit when you own it and a white elephant when you finally decide to sell it.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
There are two ways of looking at it arent there? Buy the Ford and have a nice car, then get the customising bug and slowly change everything about it anyway, or spend money on what you already have and make a nice car that is already customised and exactly to your taste.

If you are rebuilding everything in an old car, it becomes a new car anyway, it will last just as long. Doing up the older car is certainly a money pit though, you would need to actually want to keep it to make it worthwhile.

Wheres the fun in just buying a car ready to go, and not injecting your own personality into it? I'd prefer an older car rebuilt to suit my personal taste to a newer unmodified one that doesnt.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
There are two ways of looking at it arent there? Buy the Ford and have a nice car, then get the customising bug and slowly change everything about it anyway, or spend money on what you already have and make a nice car that is already customised and exactly to your taste.

If you are rebuilding everything in an old car, it becomes a new car anyway, it will last just as long. Doing up the older car is certainly a money pit though, you would need to actually want to keep it to make it worthwhile.

Wheres the fun in just buying a car ready to go, and not injecting your own personality into it? I'd prefer an older car rebuilt to suit my personal taste to a newer unmodified one that doesnt.

^^^^ what DAKSTER said…

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
If you are rebuilding everything in an old car, it becomes a new car anyway,
Doing up an old car does not make it a new car at all, it will still always be an old car.

I wrote a half page long post explaining exactly why you cant turn a vs into a new car, but i think its best summed up by simply pointing out that a VS is old technology. Everything on it is borrowed from some other old GM design. For that reason, it will never be a new car.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I do agree with Dakster, I do want to keep this car for a very long time and I don't have that much money to be able to get an XR6T (BA/BF/FG) anytime soon, just the feel of having a newer car would be better, not thinking mine is going to break soon or something. Hence the full service next pay. I think I'll keep these smaller mods for now, then start on my appearance more, and further down the track decide on whether I want to do the Turbo/Lsx or xr6t.