Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What sounds better? VFII Redline 304KW vs HSV R8 Black 340KW

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
That sounds awesome! What cats did you use?

The stock ones that came with the headers. I will look into upgrading the cats when Monster's kit becomes available.

XR_Strider_GuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN F2 SV Black
I feel I can comment on this. Dad has an MY16 SS 304kw and I have the HSV R8 SV Black 340 with the bimodal intake and exhaiuist as well as and intake tube plumbed into the back of the firewall. Previous 340's did not have this feature.

The 304kw in the SS sounds pretty good but the HSV in Sport mode sounds deeper under acceleration, more crackle and boom on the over run and overall feels 10-15% louder. Mine is a manual.

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
My vote is the Holden LS3 system but I'm biased. Saying that i have installed the hsv 340kw headers/cats and intermediate pipes. Kept the holden mufflers. Here's a drive by clip with the above set-up. I love it, best of both, deeper note but still retains the crackle n pops.

I though the 340kw system was the 2.5 inch exhaust.
How did you fit VF II mufflers to it with the weird non flange set up? Im sure VFII systems are 2.25 inch?

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
I though the 340kw system was the 2.5 inch exhaust.
How did you fit VF II mufflers to it with the weird non flange set up? Im sure VFII systems are 2.25 inch?

The HSV center section pipes right at the muffler ends tappers down in diameter similar to the stock center section. As you can see the mufflers slipped over the pipe and secured using the clamps.

Attachments

• Resized_20170728_171505.jpeg
    Resized_20170728_171505.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 254

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
Understood.
My set up.
340kw headers and cats.
Midsection 2.5inch gen f with o2 bungs welded in after cats and flange welded at the back at mufflers.
Mufflers are stainless steel after market ones. Straight through.
Sounds good I reckon.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Whats monsters kit?
Proper fully tuned long tube 4-2-1 headers, custom secondaries and cats.
I’m organising a group buy price for a dozen sets with options, been on the road this week back in office Monday, should have something by end of next week.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Nullam et nulla a mi vulputate dapibus. Duis ultricies cursus leo at semper. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut et dolor sed enim sollicitudin maximus. Vestibulum luctus rutrum dui at dignissim. Vivamus dictum vestibulum quam et auctor. Aenean dolor ipsum, efficitur non sagittis vestibulum, ullamcorper in nibh. Proin pretium condimentum risus quis pretium. Mauris vitae dignissim mauris. Mauris suscipit vulputate varius. Nulla facilisi. Sed eget efficitur nibh. In ultricies consequat velit, vel blandit lorem maximus nec. Cras ornare venenatis ipsum in aliquam. Quisque ac vulputate ipsum.

Last edited:

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
My vote is the Holden LS3 system but I'm biased. Saying that i have installed the hsv 340kw headers/cats and intermediate pipes. Kept the holden mufflers. Here's a drive by clip with the above set-up. I love it, best of both, deeper note but still retains the crackle n pops.

Nice. Mine is pretty similar. Except i am running Genie Tri-Y's into 200 cell cats, HSV 2.5 inch mid section and stock rear mufflers permanently open.
I will post a clip soon!