Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Speakers Fit VY?

Thor Roht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
@Mookie01 Its November 2019 and in my VY S II I just bought a few weeks ago I am getting an audio shop to put in a Sony XAV AX100, (touchscreen bluetooth double din head unit without CD player), 4 Rockford Fosgate 6" punch speakers, 1 for each door, and the steering wheel control kit and fascia kit, its costing $1075.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
@Mookie01 Its November 2019 and in my VY S II I just bought a few weeks ago I am getting an audio shop to put in a Sony XAV AX100, (touchscreen bluetooth double din head unit without CD player), 4 Rockford Fosgate 6" punch speakers, 1 for each door, and the steering wheel control kit and fascia kit, its costing $1075.
Price is over the top, personally I think Sony is crap and for speakers I would go splits up front and 2 ways in the back doors using 6.5" speakers, pioneer or kickers, My head unit I brought off ebay for 300 has it all with GPS built in gr8 unit no need to buy extras like steering wheel controls as it already built in. Eonon unit hasn't missed a beat for 5 years.

Thor Roht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
Price is over the top, personally I think Sony is crap and for speakers I would go splits up front and 2 ways in the back doors using 6.5" speakers, pioneer or kickers, My head unit I brought off ebay for 300 has it all with GPS built in gr8 unit no need to buy extras like steering wheel controls as it already built in. Eonon unit hasn't missed a beat for 5 years.
How's that? the headunit it $500, the speakers are $200 a pair, so $175 for labour, the price of labour is exorbitant, but it always is.

Furthermore, the Sony head unit I have in my other car has been in it for 7 years and still works as good as the day it was installed.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
How's that? the headunit it $500, the speakers are $200 a pair, so $175 for labour, the price of labour is exorbitant, but it always is.

Furthermore, the Sony head unit I have in my other car has been in it for 7 years and still works as good as the day it was installed.
Personal choice it comes down too, 500 that's 100 more than JB Hi-Fi is asking for, speaker well they are only 130 a pair online your being ripped off, I be buying online and just pay for installation, I suppose his charging 100 for the steering wheel harness module. Just trying to save u money. Ebay has the unit for 380.00

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
Why dont you install the stuff yourself its not hard to do ? As for speakers im done with sony speakers now i have found more decent speakers “infinty kappas “ $259 a pair with crossover tweeters for the front seem to be quality plus value for what you get 90watts RMS each speaker . I dont think you understood the system i put in it has a huge D class 5 channel amp joined to a huge pioneer SUB , you really only had installed a head deck with some door speakers , my head unit connects up to my apple phone , it has apple car play connectivity with WAZE gps app also i installed a quality rear reverse camera with a camera that lights up a dark st , my head unit when i get a phone call stereo turns off call comes through the microphone sits above my centre rearview and i answer calls through my stereo , i do all the work myself , for the money you spent installing your system you could have done more if you researched more and did the work yourself , paying other people to install things for you what do you learn ? Try immersing yourself in the whole experience .

Last edited:

Thor Roht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
Because I dont care to learn about installing car stereos, it's a one off cost paying someone to do it. I'm primarily interested in motorbikes and I work on those myself because I'm always modifying the ones I buy.