Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What speakers should i buy?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
what do you think of pioneer splits? tehre 180$?

Have a listen to them and make your own opinion on them. Someone on here might love them and tell you they're great, so you go out and buy them but hate them because you don't like the way they sound.

Set yourself a budget, then go window shopping and make a list of the speakers that fit into that budget. Then have a listen to all the speakers on your list and buy the ones that sound best to you.
If your budget is low, check out Jaycar's speakers as well, great quality for the price. Some people rate them above Alpine Type R's.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
Have a listen to them and make your own opinion on them. Someone on here might love them and tell you they're great, so you go out and buy them but hate them because you don't like the way they sound.

Set yourself a budget, then go window shopping and make a list of the speakers that fit into that budget. Then have a listen to all the speakers on your list and buy the ones that sound best to you.
If your budget is low, check out Jaycar's speakers as well, great quality for the price. Some people rate them above Alpine Type R's.

whats the closest jaycar to the coffs harbout/grafton area?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
ok i found a store that sells jaycar **** or summin? its not an actualy jaycar store tho lol in grafton... ive never herd of it haha so jaycar has their own brand of speakers? howmuch are they?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
jaycar's main supplier is electus, any place can be supplied by electus.
jaycar sell precision response brand.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
I've got the pro pioneer speakers in my VS ( front and rear) and they are great!! they go as loud as i want em too and they are bloody clear. simple is good :p (like me....)

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
ok guys i ripped my car appart this arvo removed stock speakers and put in some mtx compnants sound 20x better lol will be good when i get my amp in!! i might upload pics of how to remove all that stuff (it involves takeing the seats out haha) took longer then i thought it would

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
ok guys i ripped my car appart this arvo removed stock speakers and put in some mtx compnants sound 20x better lol will be good when i get my amp in!! i might upload pics of how to remove all that stuff (it involves takeing the seats out haha) took longer then i thought it would
you took out your seats to install splits?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
nah the rears lol to get the damn parcel tray out =/ so 6 1/2 componants in the rear will be splits in the front

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
ill post some pics 2moz the pain was to get the orig speakers out cause i didnt wanna make the hole bigger cause my 6 1/2 just bigger then teh orig hole so it covers it =]