Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

:) What spray gun should I buy for spray painting ?....

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
I'm buying some cheap cars to do a bit to and sell again for small profit ... it's mostly for a hobby to keep busy on weekends cos I got type 2 diabeties and need to do some excercise each day .... I need to some repainting on some of the cars .... patching dents and scrapes then repainting them ... sometimes I'll have to fully respray the plastic bumper or the whole dood or whole bonnet .... but this wont happen with all the cars ... would I need a spray gun with 1 liter or 500 ml pot ?...... would I need a low or high preasure spray gun ? .... :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
For auto stuff your looking at a HPLV (High Pressure, Low Volume) gun. If you want to spend some money on a good one get a gravity fed gun with as large a pot as possible (lasts longer before a refill).
AirStrike :air:

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
I have a Ryobi airgun, it's excellent although the thinning of the paint is tedius to get the right velocity. Mine's not a gravity fed gun though (aren't they the ones with the pot on top?)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hi there,

Go and do a spray painting course at a TAFE college. They aren't expensive and you will learn a heap. As for guns, get the best you can afford. Many of the pro's use Iwata or Devillbis which are both top of the tree. You can get good results with cheaper guns but like most things, you get what you pay for.

Reaper

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
i been using a 3mm with a 20l pot but im just learnin dunno the brand the tafe course sounds good tho. it more industrial spray paintin tho not automotive exactly same **** but nothin like it