Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What starts your car the quickest?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
I thing i have noticed with my Vn is how easily it starts, doesnt matter if its been sitting there for a few days it always starts first go, infact its even better than my dads VT because whenever i hop in and start it i dont hold the starter motor for long enough for it to fire up out of habit from my car :thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Jason says:
carby 308s and 253s take awhile
Jason says:
my HQ you go
Jason says:
rRrRRRRrrRrrRRrrRRrRRrSPuRErdaaaa.......
Jason says:
rRrRRRrRrRrSPUTDERBRrd.........
Jason says:
RrRrRrRrRRRRrRPSPUDEREVRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMmPOP.............
Jason says:
rRrRRrRrRRrRVRDRUDERVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm
Jason says:
RrRrRrRRrRRrRBVRDRVROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmBOP BOP BOP BOP BOP BOP BO PB OPB BOP BOP VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMmmmmmmmm
Jason says:
thats how you start a 253 carby :p

P.S My VN started first Key turn after 6 months a few days ago :) and idled so smooth I decided to sit a bottle of water on the manifold and could hardly see a ripple :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Ermm... Get in and turn the key, thats all I've ever done. Although for piece of mind sometimes I put my foot on the break before I turn the key, once I had my foot on the accelerator instead haha oppss... Lucky I always put ma handbreak on :p

Anyways, You might wanna get that checked out I think? =/

mutley770

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Berlina Series II
The night before I start my car, I sit down on my cushion, cross my legs, light the incense and hold my hands together. Then I meditate on it for around 3 hours during my astral flight. OMMMMM OMMMMM OMMMMMMMM. Then it starts pretty well instantly the next morning, it's incredible.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
1st time every time for me. Turn the key for about 1second then drive off.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
noone mentioned what i do so ill say it... i always turn to reds and wait till the fuel pump stops then start...easy... lol at greenfoams 2 ft detailed post on how his 253 starts...or dosnt. :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
OK guys (and girls!), enough already!! I just wanted confirmation that it really is a normal thing for the car to start with no more than a turn of the key. Sometimes my car has the symptom described for a fuel pump relay or fuse not working, in that the car needs to crank for about 2 seconds, other times it just starts, and I was wondering what the norm was for y'all.....
(Off topic) Foamey you are a legend, what ever happened with your partitoned intake mainfold plenum thing? Does it go 15s yet?

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
i turn the key it goes *startermotor noise for 2-4 seconds* then vrooom shudder shudder shake =(