Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What starts your car the quickest?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
well mine all depends how i feel. usually i put the foot on the accelerator just a tiny bit(not even quarter way) and it starts. but when im not in the car and turn it through the window it still works..... so yeah haha the wonders :D:D:D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2 3.8L
So now we know how you start your cars...how do turn them off!!!:bang:
OI get ya own thread!! I think this is a great affirmation to see all the VN-VP's that start with a quick flick'o the key. It motivated me to find the last missing link in my mysterious computer controlled world that is my VP, and I too can proudly say that reaching thru the window and flicking the key is enough to bring to life the beautiful sound of my ride.

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Dodgy injectors? Thats what was causing my white VN to take forever to start...

5Litre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III ute 5.0M and VL Berlina Turbo Wagon
A bit off topic but..
My first car was an EH holden, had hotty 186 with triple 2" SU carbs , big solid cam etc.
Starting sequence from cold was:-
* Handbreak on. Car in neutral. Bonnet open.
* Connect remote starter (allows engine to be cranked via a push button from under the bonnet)
* Chokes to full (3 seperate levers)
* Remove air cleaners
* ignition on
* Crank engine while spraying fuel from a atomizer bottle into carbs
* Stop cranking as soon as it fires, allow engine to stall
* Hold throttle open and crank again
* When it fires reduce throttle quick enough not to get a big pop and then stall but not too quick or you stall (repeat this step for 5 mins till you have it running)
* Try to keep engine running while slowly reducing chokes
* After about 5 mins, 2 chokes right off,1 choke just enough to get fast (approx 2500RPM) idle
* remove rocker cover and adjust lifter backlash
* replace rocker cover
* refit air filters
* drop last choke, car will probably stall
* Will restart easy enough now it's warm

All this for a car that wouldn't idle , had unboosted drum brakes , no heating , no power steer , handled like **** and rattled so hard you had too keep tightening everything up or bits would fall off.

Don't know how I put up with that ,had it for 2 years , replaced the diff centre about 30 times , had 15 defects and threw the tailshaft 3 times.

Nowdays I reckon if my car don't start when I turn the key I'll just burn the f**ker and catch a cab!

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Back to the original post for a moment. It's most likely a fuel problem, dodgy regulator or a few leaking injectors. trying swapping those over from some others

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
First start of the day my car might for 3 seconds drop the revs too low and stall, Or it doesn't and runs fine, Rest of the day no problems, It's always that first start cold it's never revved up and dropped back too 900rpm on warm-up since i done all the work on the fuel system.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
turning the key has always worked for me, the VN fires up almost instantly every time, better even then the missus VS

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I just hit the key, the overdrive starter motor spins at twice the speed an she fires instantly..... Got to love my ECOTEC!

Cheers
MaT