Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what the deal with v8 s pacs

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
minux said:
Would you stop making holdens into fords, they arent an S PACK fhds fdshjkfdsfhdshdsf
just thought i would show you this pic mate

0f_1.JPG

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
shiatan said:
a mate of mine has a vu s ute that has a gen 3 5.7, was optioned from factory..........

yer my boss at work as an Executive VX Commy with a 5.7L Gen3, she bought it off some guy who had it custom made cos he lived out bush, bigger engine to chew up the k's i guess, its not stock though :D haha, and i was shocked when i looked at the badges and i was like "oh i only thort it was a 6" :eek:

haha cheers,
Todd

Whatucau

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu spac 5.7 manual
Hello all you doubters, several years ago I purchased a 2001 VU Spac Ute Gen 3 6-speed manual from Ralph D'silva Holden on high St Preston. It was a bit over 12 months old and had around 40 thousand k's on the clock. It was a special order by a builder in Crib Point if I remember correctly. It had cloth spac trim, spac front bar(no driving lights), no side skirts and 16" 5 spoke spac wheels. And standard suspension(not lowered at all). I owned it for several years and did a bit of work to it during my time with it. Exhaust, computer, suspension, ss front bar and some other bids and bobbs. I traded it on a Ford ranger at a Ford dealership on settlement road in bundoora. I have lived in regret ever since. If anyone knows the whereabouts of this car I would really love to hear its still around. Cheers.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
S pack utes were nothing special...basically ute version of sv6 or sv8 for people who either wanted v8 less flashy than ss model or cheaper for insurance.

They were available for vu to vy range but probably dropped as most bought ss ute anyway or if s pack most ended up putting ss kit etc on them later.

Even less v8 tonners got sold.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I had a old white VR or VS S ute with a 308 and 5 speed back around 2005, only mods were headers and exhaust, sounded good but made bugger all power, typical "iron lion"

Was fairly clean too, well, until I pulled the bin liner and discovered that most of the tray was rusted out around the seams

H

harrop.senator

I had a old white VR or VS S ute with a 308 and 5 speed back around 2005, only mods were headers and exhaust, sounded good but made bugger all power, typical "iron lion"

Was fairly clean too, well, until I pulled the bin liner and discovered that most of the tray was rusted out around the seams

Maybe had the wrong size carby on it?