Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What the highest KM VX getting round? My VX wagon just got wrote off after having done 436692 kms.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
VX Acclaim wagon is on 316 k.

Sort of in semi retirement because I don't get out much.

Starts and runs well. Looks neat and goes like a big bus should with some minor mods.

ChocolateCharlie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Executive
VXII 2001 sedan just clocked 251 000. Bought around 2009 with 92 000 km. Love it and would buy another if I could find a wagon with low enough kays

Mullna

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Sedan Series 1
VX Executive sedan series 1, 332,000km
bought it in 2004 with 100,000 on the clock
somewhere around 140,000km i paid $1000 for a basic service at holden. i then swore to service it myself.
ive dropped the oil every 10,000 ever since.
put it on gas at 170,000.
has never broken down on me!
dont think i'll ever get rid of it. slowly work towards 1 million haha
only parts worth mentioning that ive replaced are the power steering pump started leaking. ducked to repco replaced it.
the lpg has backfired twice in 160,000km and cracked the airbox but theyre only $40. spark plug leads once and one coil. the lpg is sensitive to spark issues.
it has original radiator, water pump, a/c, alternator, gearbox, diff, motor unopened.
i upgraded her the other week bought the cruise control parts from the wreckers for $90 i now have cruise.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
It's interesting to read so many members talking about the reliability of their cars after very large distances. When we talk about 200+km's, I would expect critical suspension parts, rubbers, shocks and ball joints, to be needing replacement at least. Have none of you replaced at least some of those parts?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
I've done one front wheel bearing and caster rod bushes and the centre bearing twice due to Chinese ones not lasting long

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
It's interesting to read so many members talking about the reliability of their cars after very large distances. When we talk about 200+km's, I would expect critical suspension parts, rubbers, shocks and ball joints, to be needing replacement at least. Have none of you replaced at least some of those parts?
You're right. Bits do wear out. Replaced lower control arms at about 310k.
Shocks and springs done by last owner.
Had right strut done after smacking a wombat roadrock too.
Centre bearing on drive shaft wore out too. Think the fixer said they are VX series 2 wagon specific.
Previous owner did something behind timing cover. Prob chain?

Original engine still going like a good one.

VRtoVStoVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I don't have a battery in mine anymore so I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure it had at least over 430,000, it probably would have got a fair bit more if it wasn't T-boned - lots of highway driving may have helped.

Mullna

Reaction score
Members Ride

Some where before 200,000 might of been close to 150,000 I got a lot of bushes replaced by pedders I remember it not being cheap,but worth it in hindsight looking back.
it's just starting to get a bit squeaky now in the back end over bumps.
I've replaced brake pads and disks of course. Didn't mention that above.

My drive shaft centre bearing is on its way out. Hanging on

I jumped a curb in about 2006 the car starting a noise like a brr brr brr about once a second at 80km/h took it to the mechanic. He said it was a wheel bearing. I asked how soon does it need fixing? He said if you can put up with the noise you can leave it forever.
It still makes that noise haha

VRtoVStoVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Bushes and link pins were a couple of things that my car needed replacing often, of course brake pads and once we had to do the discs. I really didn't think that my car would live as long as it did. Then its life was cut shot by someone other than myself, I was devastated!

Mullna

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bushes and link pins were a couple of things that my car needed replacing often, of course brake pads and once we had to do the discs. I really didn't think that my car would live as long as it did. Then its life was cut shot by someone other than myself, I was devastated!

That's the only way I see mine going out