Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What the? VX Tailgate locks every time it is closed.

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Just had the weirdest thing start happening on one of my VX wagons. Every time I shut the tailgate it locks and I have to use the remote to unlock it again. None of the other doors lock so I figure it is not key related and it happens with the key in the ignition so I am not accidentally hitting the lock button so like I said, what the? Anyone ever come across this before?

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Just had the weirdest thing start happening on one of my VX wagons. Every time I shut the tailgate it locks and I have to use the remote to unlock it again. None of the other doors lock so I figure it is not key related and it happens with the key in the ignition so I am not accidentally hitting the lock button so like I said, what the? Anyone ever come across this before?
Can you lock - unlock with a key?
Maybe its locked with the key? Every time you unlock with the remote then close it, it goes back to the default, which is locked with the key?
I don't know if this will do this, as l've never had a key that would lock or unlock the tailgate.

Either that or the solenoid or maybe a rod or clip has come of?