Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What tip should I use?

djlingard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i have a mate with a vx with 2 and a half inch sports system with a hotdog resonator and the hotdog makes it wistle. Same system on my vx without hotdog and its got no whistle.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I have a superdog going onto my exhaust, see what happens :)

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
twins do look the goods but a mate has them on this vt and they make a terrible whislting sound wen he boots it.

cheers
ryan

how do you know its the tip?

My dads AMG does the same thing, It only started doing it when he put the twin tips on, stopped doing it when he took it off. Mercedes said it was when the air hits the Y-piece at hard revs it caused the whistle.:thumbsup:

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
how do you know its the tip?

coz a mates got exactly the same zorst setup on exactly the same car but with a different tip (the oval one) and it doesn't make the noise. it only does it wen hes driving but so there mite be a gap in the welding or sumthing that causes it to whislte.

cheers
ryan

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
coz a mates got exactly the same zorst setup on exactly the same car but with a different tip (the oval one) and it doesn't make the noise. it only does it wen hes driving but so there mite be a gap in the welding or sumthing that causes it to whislte.

cheers
ryan

so its a **** welding job not the tip?

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
Yeah im going to go for the twin tip

BTW I can get these tips(brand new) for pritty much 50% off, so if you are interested in a tip. Give me a bell :)

Also im selling that oval tip for $30(brand new) if anyone is interested, RRP is $60

how much for the twin mate?

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
the twins do look better IMO and ive got them but then again mine go further than just the tip :D

Youll get people giving you crap about trying to make it look like an 8 no matter what you do so just do what YOU like best