Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to buy? SS-V, SS-V Redline OR Maloo? All brand new

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
oh really? I didn't think it was a big issue?? I've got the aisin gearbox, had no issues, thought that would have been worse than the SS's

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 accord euro, 94 civic vtec turbo
Lol wow! 5 gearboxes? I think I'd have burnt the car by now haha what about diffs? I have heard the SS diffs don't exactly enjoy a hard life? The thing is, it's going thru my business so I don't really want to modify it too much as that wi more then likely come out of m pocket, and I don't want to void the warranty on a brand new car... In saying that, if I got a Maloo, in like 3years once I'm over the power id like the possibility of supercharging it loll

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Lol wow! 5 gearboxes? I think I'd have burnt the car by now haha what about diffs? I have heard the SS diffs don't exactly enjoy a hard life? The thing is, it's going thru my business so I don't really want to modify it too much as that wi more then likely come out of m pocket, and I don't want to void the warranty on a brand new car... In saying that, if I got a Maloo, in like 3years once I'm over the power id like the possibility of supercharging it loll

If warranty is an issue for you, you can get all the work done through walkinshaw performance and the work is covered by holden factory warranty - including supercharging and driveline. The diff is ok, but they don't like dealing with a lot of extra power and copping a regular belting. My diff has had some minor adjustments, but nothing special. Yeah... the gearbox issue is - frustrating -. In a sense though, I'm a bit lucky in that I haven't had the sticking clutch issue (it did slip though, so has been replaced twice - including pedal assembly - which means I now have the revised model with no issues!).

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fortunately walkinshaw is at wetherill park isn't it? That's down the road from me haha
I am pretty busy this weekend but I want to find time to go down to the dealer and hopefully drove both the SS and the Maloo and hopefully work out a deal! I want a Maloo but yes they are very expensive but my god look at those brakes haha either way I want one asap! Anyone know the best time to purchase? Ie any special sales coming up soon?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The end of the month is always a good time to purchase - i.e now!

Dealers will do better deals to meet monthly sales targets...

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
^ this.

end of month always better, but two periods of the year where its definitely a good time.... END OF JUNE and END OF DECEMBER.

Go get your Maloo mate! pics please ;).

Going into dealerships with finance already sorted and not needing a test drive and salesman working hard will definitely be in your best interests.
Shop around, walk in and say "I know what I want, just need to talk price".
Salesmen love that ;).
If one dealer doesnt do a great deal, go to another.
Spend a weekend finding the right place (even if all over Sydney), and the time you spend getting dealers to beat each other will be well worth it.

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
I sure hope I can justify the large price tag lol cause I want one badly but I'm already paying for 130k truck out of my business... I need to make money to pay myself aswell hahahaha

The thunder seems very good bang for buck tho? Anyone know why it's so cheap? Or what it's missing to justify the low price? It's 8k cheaper then the normal SS V, 10k cheaper then the Redline and 23k cheaper then the Maloo