Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to buy? SS-V, SS-V Redline OR Maloo? All brand new

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
from what I can tell, the Thunder is just a regular SS with the S1 ssv wheels painted a different colour and some leather bits on the seats (leather bolsters look crap in my opinion). Which probably explains why it's the same price as a regular SS. The redline edition is a joke with the utes - and I really don't see the extra value in the SSVs either, now they all come with screens. For me, it would be between the SS (not necessarily the Thunder either) and the Maloo.

Considering you said you didn't want to modify it for a while, the upgraded shocks, better gearbox, million times better brakes, great seats, great steering wheel, pentagon wheels, hard lid, reverse camera and sensors and the 6.2 litre motor make the price difference worth it and helps you ignore the fact that the E3 maloo is quite ugly - though definitely the better of the two cars from the driver's seat when stock.

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 accord euro, 94 civic vtec turbo
you say exactly what i feel. i just hope i can get them down a fair bit because its alot of money lol and as i said im already paying off a 130k truck lol but its already track ready. even comes with oil temp and pressure guages which are handy

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
what an awesome situation to be in.. hopefully ill be in oneday :) id deffintely go the maloo.. the better diff with higher ratio, box, ls3 and interior.. best ute in the world hands down imo.. not sure what the redline ute is worth but guessing 45-50k, i think the maloo is value considering you should be able to pick one up for 62ish k??

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
i sure hope i can pick one up for 62k! according to carsales etc a brand new one is 65k + 6k ON ROAD costs :S so 71k all up lol bit extreme ay

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
yehh ive seen them for 65-65k drive away.. and im sure u could haggle off a few more k.. good luck man.. apparently its a buyers market out there if you could afford it..

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you see any let me know :) or if your good at bargaining come with me! Lol I'll give you a spin :p

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
My god your good! Lol all brand new? I'm after a black or blue one. That yellow 11 model is in Liverpool, I saw it last Friday, they said they're selling it cheaper as they have afew in yellow to sell. I dont mind yellow but I couldn't see myself driving it lol