Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to buy? SS-V, SS-V Redline OR Maloo? All brand new

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
lol.. ur a bit of a drive away.. get a black one.. might aswell complete my dream :) even though im looking at getting a yellow sv6 ute soon, black is a timeless look..

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 accord euro, 94 civic vtec turbo
Yeah night rider :p I'm down for black, blue or even white or silver but all my mates I talk to etc say not white or silver lol that first link is great Cept it's auto :-( no auto for me lol

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black shows alot of scratches etc but looks mean as. Might go back to liverpool tomorrow and see what they can do. If not I work next to chullora (Suttons) I drive my truck past there every day and slow right down to have a look LOL they seem to have a few

IMCRZY

YO!
Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VL Excutive Turbo, 00 VT Olympic Edition
Go the yellow.... I just brought a yellow SV6 n didnt know if i liked the colour after i orderd it but as soon as i went to pick it up i was in love lol

& just the wow factor of the yellow is enough to justify driving a 1500kg budgy lol

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I'll have a better look at the yellow one tomorrow in the flesh but I still want black more then anything haha
I just looked at the walkinshaw website so even if I get the SS ute, I believe I'll add a few goodies from there depending on price etc... Anyone know what their prices are on the 6pot brake upgrade, and power pack are? They'd go down a treat I think haha

VTi_b0i

Reaction score
Members Ride
So I went to Holden today hoping to test drive both the SS V Redline (to compare brembos) and the Maloo, walked around for a while comParing the two and possibly the thunder because at 40k that's fcuking cheap! I waited for a while to talk to the guy I spoke to last time as he was really good.(I normally hate car salesmen). In the end I couldn't wait around any longer so I'm going to go back next week. Talked it over with my mum lol! She said I might aswell get the Maloo cause she knows what I'm like hahahah so basically I've made my mind up! :) if I can get a good deal, time to buy! Wooooo! Now to commence selling my two other cars! Anyone want to buy an 06 accord euro luxury, manual on 20s? Or a 12second vtec turbo civic? Lol!

colonelbmx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black ssv redline ute
one thing to keep in mind is insurance i got a quote for an GXP ute and it was double the price for insurance on my redline so could be more for the maloo i'm 28 so my insurance isn't that bad but the GXP was $2100 a year
I went the redline just for the brakes i hate the feel of the standard ss brakes.
If i had had the money get the maloo better brakes more power the looks and the joy of owning a HSV lol