Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] What to buy!$

Iownacruze

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hello,me and my partner currently own a Cruze and it is fine and will be keeping it, but I am wanting to buy a used automatic (yes I'm one of those people) commodore wagon (mainly for boot space)or sedan for around $10,000. As I have really no idea about all the different series, would love some advice on what is decent and what to avoid.
Thanks in advance.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Depends if you want the newer VE body with slightly smaller boot or the last of the old big wagons which ended in about 2006.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
As I have really no idea about all the different series, would love some advice on what is decent and what to avoid.
Thanks in advance.
Firts off.
Forget about series, year model etc etc.
Decide what mod cons you need and what you can live without such as cruise control, power windows etc etc etc then, when looking for a car with the options you need, buy a one owner car with a well documented service history and you can't go wrong.

Iownacruze

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
What are people's thoughts on a 2008 Commodore Omega VE Auto MY09?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
If it fits your needs and budget then go for it.
There will be people that talk you into a higher model with more features, but if you are happy with it, then that's what matters.
Just suggest you go and have a look at it and are happy with the boot space along with everything else first though.

burgerman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
I'd go for one of the later VZ wagons. Heaps of space, and it's a good all rounder too.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
The VE wagon rear is the same size as the VE boot. My wife was looking at a wagon till she realised there was no bigger space to be had so she got a sedan. Best to go and look at cars and compare them till you find what you like.

Iownacruze

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
The VE wagon rear is the same size as the VE boot. My wife was looking at a wagon till she realised there was no bigger space to be had so she got a sedan. Best to go and look at cars and compare them till you find what you like.
Oh really, how is the back seat space for children compared to the wagon(if you know). Thanks.

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
The seating is the same in the rear. The rear seats in the wagon can be layed down to give more room but what turned us off a wagon was with the rear seat there for the kids to sit on the area behind for carrying stuff is as big as the sedan boot. You need to fold the seats down to carry anything and that was a pain having to fold the seats up to carry kids. So we went with a sedan. We have a trailer for carrying junk. Best bet is go to a car yard and look at them and decide what suits you. We also found the wagons at the time were a few thousand dollars more than the sedan and harder to find.