Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what to do next?

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
im well on my way to saving up again to do something else to my go-go mobil (vs 3.8)

so far i have
lukey Exaust
extractors
K&N Filter
Cold Air Induction

i was thinking of gettin new leads or a cam next but im not sure yet. would new leads give a noticable diffrence? what sort should i get? how much are they roughly? how much is a decent cam?

what else has anyone got to suggest?

jezz736

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series Commodore
hey new leads would do hardly n e thing for power but might make the car idle better. as for the cam its a lot of ****ing around, ur looking at around $1500+ and leads are around $60

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
leads are like a standard thing, you have basically done a simple stage 1 upgrade, normally I would leave it at this stage if I have high k's, cam work is ok.

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
*(@( didnt think a cam would be that much i was thinkin of about 400. my cousin will help me put it in.
whats some other ideas?

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
My car was miss firing irregulary so i replaced my leads and plugs. Leads were eagle 8mm leads for $56 (without heat shields). I am looking to a cam myself for a future upgrade. I was quoted by COME racing $660 for the cam + $400 for the springs then you have to pay for install and dyno tune. I have been quoted more by crow cams and with theirs you need rockers and springs. Shop around you may be able to get a better deal. If you have someone nearby that does custom grinds you may want to look into that. Just remember experience in performance is worth money. *Also if you haven't replaced your plugs in a while do it you will notice the difference in comparison to old plugs

joesvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Wagon
wheels... suspension.... stereo....spoiler kit.....gearbox... diff... the list goes on and on, where you want to start, what you want to drive every day and how hard you want it to go???

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
iv got mags
cant do anything to the suspension cas i live in the country an it bottoms out enough as it is
happy with the stereo just need new speakers in the front soon
got a deadly bodykit
forgot about a shift kit. that sounds like an good idea. any idea how much for a decent one they are
not gonna get an lsd. cost too much. an i dont see the point in spending the money just so i can do duelies.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Also another thing to consider sloted rotors and VT calipers at least for the front the VT calipers are almost twice the size of the vs'

"Speed is a question of money, how fast do you want to go?"

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
FIT 1.8 or 1.9 roller rockers