Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with my VK???

Taso

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 GTS-t
What to do with my VK??? Decided to wreck it

Basically i'll start with a bit of history for this beauty.

My mum purchased her first car in 1989, after just getting her licence, (at the age of 35) a cream 1985 VK commodore, a good car for that time. (Y she didnt get a vlt I'll never know!!)

She drove it till 2001 when she purchased a '97 toyota camry. The car then came into my possession having myself just got my licence.

That car was my first car, that is the car that i first went drifting in, did my first burnout, and more importantly, lost my virginity in, (and also that 2 girls also lost theirs in mha ha ha ha ha). Anyway, that is the car that i used to rock up to school in even tho driving to school was banned, that was the car i used to pick my ex up from everyday outside MLC. That is the car that all my mates and i first did a chap lap in.

U get the picture, it has alot of sentimental value to me.

About 18 months ago due to too much oil in the engine, something blew up and white smoke started coming out of the exhaust (think i did an oil seal). Apart from that there was alot of other things that went wrong like air/con was dodgy, front windows stopped winding and also started to warp, carby died and got replaced etc...

Anyway, i decided it was time to buy a new car (being off my p's by now) and went and bought a R33 GTS-t, for those of u that don't know, yes it is a skyline, and no i dont regret it and no i am not a traitor, i have not gone to the dark side and i have not commited treason. (If u dont believe me drive 1, its fun:) :) )

Anyway... the point of this post is this: My dad is bugging me coz i never actually got rid of the good old VK, but more recently he's started to really bug me, telling me to get rid of it (even tho he stores 29 times more trash by wt than that), but i really dont want to. Only thing is i cant keep it as is, so here are my options:

Note: car needs new motor (jus the block), is out of rego by about 5 months, front windows dont work, got abit of rust here and there, few scratches here and there, needs a new drivers seat and new seatbelts, new aircon, and prob other stuff i cant remember now.

1) Get a new motor (possibly V8), fix all the stuff up and re-register it, have it as a second/emergency car, possibly gine it to my sis to drive when she gets her P's. At least i want lose the sentimental value

Cost: At least $3000 i reckon, but i could be very wrong, i really dont know the prices of stuff. Stuff above i reckon would come to about 2000

2) Sell it as is, i honestly don't think i could get more than $300 for it, but i could be wrong, havent advertised it or nething, but i have seen u can get good condition ones with rego for 1500.

3) Wreck it and sell that parts, hopefully i get more than 300 in total for parts and nething i dont sell i can take to the tip or wreckers i guess.

Anyhu... sorry for long post, but i needed to let that out. What are ur thoughts ppl, ill try posting pics soon

Last edited:

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Need pictures first mate, they do tell the story abit better :p

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
umm, oil would be blu smoke, white smoke sounds like head gasket...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
restore it back upto standard... just buy a vk from auctions for like $250 and take the parts u need, then sell the rest to the scrap fellas :)

My plan for my vk is restoring it back to stock, get the interior retrimmed, replace the bonnet (goddamn rav4) and just generally clean it up. Like you its not going to be my primary car but I dont want to get rid of it!

Just installed a sub and some venetians :D

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
i reckon chuck the skidline motor in it and have some fun!

Taso

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 GTS-t
ok... afta long deliberation, i have decided to get rid of the good old VK. Its just too annoying and too much trouble for me to restore. Got other stuff to do like drifting.

Anyhu, the car is going to be sold to wreckers so if ne1 wants any parts from it, let me know....

Im located in inner SE melbourne, and parts car is going to wreckers by Friday next week. PM or call me for offers on parts. Will consider ANY offer, so dont be shy, i wont be offended. I guess the most valuable parts will be:

Newly rebuilt carby with receipts: $150

Headlights: $50 each
Tail lights: $40 each
Panels: $20 each
blown engine: $20 + come anr remove it urself
entire car: $400
back seats: $40
rear venetians: $50
radiator: $50
battery: $10 each (got a few lying around)

These are by no means set prices, if u want a part call me and we can come to an arrangement. Pics will be here soon

Call 0412 722 933 for more info

Last edited: