Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ozzy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 99
i have not started my vt series2 for about 4 months what should i do before statring it PETROL WISE.
should i just put new petrol in or drain wats in and put fresh petrol in :hmmm:
cheerz OBOY

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
up to you, but me;
I always park my car for long term storage with a FULL tank (always runs on premium).
When I return i give her an oil change and radiator flush while the battery gets a fresh charge and check tyre pressures. Then go for a long drive....

If you're really worried about stale fuel, put a bottle of treatment in and fill the tank up to help dilute the feral petty...

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
im pretty sure after 3 months of sitting in a petrol tank doing nothing, petrol goes a bit stale (if thats the correct word to use).

so i'd reccomend new fuel ;)

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
im pretty sure after 3 months of sitting in a petrol tank doing nothing, petrol goes a bit stale (if thats the correct word to use).

so i'd reccomend new fuel ;)

do you throw away milk cause it's reached its 'best before'? :D

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Just throw in a jerry can of fresh fuel and some octane booster, probably dont even need it but it wont hurt.

When you get to a serve be sure to fill it up with 95 or 98, should be fine even with regular but if you are worried about the fuel it cant do any harm either.

ozzy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 99
yea cheerz i have flushed radiator, new oil/filter spark plugs..... due to being unlicensed my car is unregisterd so am unable to take her for a cruz... yes i use premium and have a jerry can full (got that this morning not stale yet).

thanx for the help

ozzy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 99
oh yeaaa

should i get rid of remaining petrol before i put more in???????????????? if so HOW.
only about 5 litres in her anyway..

cheerz

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
might aswell!!

get her on a hill facing upwards.. stick a hose in and suck it out... obviously take your mouth out before the petrol comes out ;)

ozzy_boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina 99
CHEERZ CAM P. uhhh stupid question but if i take off hose to fuel flow at the fuel thingy will it just leak all out.
or am i best doin they old suck threw a hose trick

CommieKal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 SV6 Ute
After you stick the hose in the tank, pour some petrol down it so the hose is full then drop the end in a bucket. The petrol will come out straight away without having to suck on it and get a gob full of Mmmmmm tasty fuel ;-)