Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do? :(

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
did any or more like how many airbags went off i thought they were expensive as hell to replace

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
did any or more like how many airbags went off i thought they were expensive as hell to replace

yeah the drivers side and pasenger went off have been looking around and worked it be about $3000 to replace pretty much everything that could be wrecked if the engine is okay so thats not that bad will just be labour and painting that will be the big costs but can do most my self it comes to it or fine matching bonnet and guard i already have another bumper at home so i can use that one which is a bonus.

Its getting assed by the end of the week so will let youse know. :)

Last edited:

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
lol, bags deployed? its over man... its not just het bags you have to replace. its a dash out job, not only that but the seat belts have to be replaced because of the automatic tentioners have deployed. insurance would charge 6-8k just to replace bags, belts and dash. how bad is the scuttle panel damage (the are between the bonnet and windscreen)? you wipers and wiper motor could be wrecked. panel damage, structural frame damage, engine damage, wiring loom damage, the list goes on.

i can tell you first hand the car is an economic loss from the pics and deployed bags.... if the insurance stiffs you, sell it as is and cut your losses...

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
lol, bags deployed? its over man... its not just het bags you have to replace. its a dash out job, not only that but the seat belts have to be replaced because of the automatic tentioners have deployed. insurance would charge 6-8k just to replace bags, belts and dash. how bad is the scuttle panel damage (the are between the bonnet and windscreen)? you wipers and wiper motor could be wrecked. panel damage, structural frame damage, engine damage, wiring loom damage, the list goes on.

i can tell you first hand the car is an economic loss from the pics and deployed bags.... if the insurance stiffs you, sell it as is and cut your losses...

Would do that but to have a 20k debt and nothing to show for it is abit hard to do well parting it out won't get more then a couple of grand would rather put money into it and have something to show for that much money dunno just what I'm thinking at the moment

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
That's the dilemma.... Your problem is not the $20k, rather how much it is going to cost to fix. Say it's a $10k fix then yeah - probably worth while. If you are budgeting at much more than that then I'd consider other options. What is important is that whatever you have budgeted for, add 30% or more for stuff you haven't thought about - the hidden stuff you don't first notice is the real killer :/

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Seriously?

There you go

I was about as serious as you were when you typed "youse"

For the record there is no such word as youse, you cannot make the word you plural by adding an s

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
oh snap...

Sw9dnuQ.jpg

WhiteSv6Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sidi Sv6 Ute
That's the dilemma.... Your problem is not the $20k, rather how much it is going to cost to fix. Say it's a $10k fix then yeah - probably worth while. If you are budgeting at much more than that then I'd consider other options. What is important is that whatever you have budgeted for, add 30% or more for stuff you haven't thought about - the hidden stuff you don't first notice is the real killer :/

Yeah this will be the tricky part to decide :/, might be just a hard lesson I have to live with for a couple of years, don't really know now just have to wait now for everything to be worked out.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Just sell the whole thing as is, I totally agree with hyrider. It's too far gone mate, and even parting it out will be a pain. Every joker will try and get you to sell parts for next to nothing and stuff you around no end.

An old vs-vx would be a good car to buy as a runaround though.