Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do?

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
Hey all

that last thread i started about the cutting of the springs, i got no idea how to do it, and dont really wanna now.

i have a vk executive with a 202 black motor that has a blown head gasket, and basically has had no work done to it

i can get a vk berlina with a fully worked motor, nice body and all, and king springs super lows.. but needs a blue slip, to pass it needs new front window and the exhaust toned down.

i was thinkin, should i get this vk berlina and get it all done, cause most oif it is great, except those little things..

or keep the car i have, and just swap the motors and keep the other berlina for spare parts etc.

any ideas welcome..:thumbsup:

and the whole thing about cuttin springs was cause my mates said its easy to do, and i recon it would have to take a bit, consodering i know nothing lol

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
i'd say use the hot engine in the best body, which my guess is to be fixin up the berlina...

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Without starting on the springs like before and it isn't my intention, vy_storm was right for closng that thread as there is someone posting the same thing every single week. Cutting them is as simple as using an angle grinder with a cutting disc.
/END OF STORY

As for the Berlina. How much is it? Maybe keep your current car as spares and get the Berlina on the road if it's only needing a window and an exhaust job. Watch out for those underbody bushes. :thumbsup:

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Hey all

that last thread i started about the cutting of the springs, i got no idea how to do it, and dont really wanna now.

i have a vk executive with a 202 black motor that has a blown head gasket, and basically has had no work done to it

i can get a vk berlina with a fully worked motor, nice body and all, and king springs super lows.. but needs a blue slip, to pass it needs new front window and the exhaust toned down.

i was thinkin, should i get this vk berlina and get it all done, cause most oif it is great, except those little things..

or keep the car i have, and just swap the motors and keep the other berlina for spare parts etc.

any ideas welcome..:thumbsup:

and the whole thing about cuttin springs was cause my mates said its easy to do, and i recon it would have to take a bit, consodering i know nothing lol
buy the Berlina
Its got better trim than an SL/Executive. if the body is a little rugged, sell your car to finance tidying up the body and getting it road worthy.

One word of advice with your car, spend the time, take care, do things properly and you will have something that people will respect. If you do things like cut springs, cut corners etc you will only end up with a piece of crap.

cheers
Scott

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
If you do things like cut springs, cut corners etc you will only end up with a piece of crap.

cheers
Scott

Hahaha. That's about it!