Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what to get?

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
your talking about a flat tappet cam for those kind of prices. gen3s have hydraulic roller cams which are about twice the price of flat tappet cams, not to mention the lifters. and there is no way ull get a hydraulic roller under .500 lift. no way! You can get single 918s from comp cams, but that is certainly a compromise! the ls3s come standard with a cam over .550". I think your arguement is dead right in context to pre ls1 engines..

Jono191

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SS Thunder Ute.
Just recently got the mafless tune done i was pretty happy with it, reckon i might go the diff next the guy that did the tune reckons its the way to go aswell, then ill have to look at extractors and cats.
money is so easily spent on these things!

pedrotski

Big Stato!!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitcroftit.com.au
Members Ride
95 & 96 VS 5L Statos
Just recently got the mafless tune done i was pretty happy with it, reckon i might go the diff next the guy that did the tune reckons its the way to go aswell, then ill have to look at extractors and cats.
money is so easily spent on these things!

dont worry about cats, the stock ones flow fine for a mild engine. you can spend the money else where at the moment.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
your talking about a flat tappet cam for those kind of prices. gen3s have hydraulic roller cams which are about twice the price of flat tappet cams, not to mention the lifters. and there is no way ull get a hydraulic roller under .500 lift. no way! You can get single 918s from comp cams, but that is certainly a compromise! the ls3s come standard with a cam over .550". I think your arguement is dead right in context to pre ls1 engines..

ah yes, i apologise. forgot that little point about rollers :(

vrcalais5ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr calais 5ltr
*cough* n *cough* o *cough* s *cough :)