Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What $ to offer for second hand suspension?

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I'm currently looking into lowering my car, and had done some pricing when one of my mates last night told me he was selling his car and would be interested in selling me his current suspension gear, then sell the car at stock height.

What I've priced:
SL front, SSL rear King Springs
Monroe GT Shortened shocks
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod.

My sourced total for all this, brand new, is just shy of $800.

The second hand gear my mate is wanting to get rid of is exactly what I'd priced, and has been on the car for 4 months - so less than 15,000kms. I've offered him $400, Is this a fair offer?

Cheers, Fonzie.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Mate that's just be springs, You probably got charged over $100 in labor too. I'm wanting to do it properly: Shortened shocks, and at that height I'll need an adjustable panhard rod. You in comparison, in a WH Caprice, will probably want a 4 point adjustable camber kit and the shortened shocks so your arse doesn't take a beating over every bump.

Fonzie

Just lost the game.
Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Bump, Any other answers? I don't want to rip this bloke off.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
seems ok to me, i guess it is second hand and even though its only done 15000 kms,has it been a hard amount of kms? like is he the type of person that doesnt care if he hits every bump and pot hole in the road or does he try to miss them?