Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what to use to clean engine oil from coolant system

Turrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Hey guys
I previously had oil in coolant from head. I was wondering if anyone new what to use to remove this from the coolant system during the flushing as it is within the radiator engine etc ???????????
Thanks in advance Daniel

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You will never fully remove it unless you do a full rebuild, it sticks in some of the water jackets around the engine, best way is to do some good coolant flushes every few thousands km's, this will get the most important build ups out

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
Hey guys
I previously had oil in coolant from head. I was wondering if anyone new what to use to remove this from the coolant system during the flushing as it is within the radiator engine etc ???????????
Thanks in advance Daniel

use a radiator flush. put it in and drive the car around the block a few times to warm the block up.

the only way you'll ever get it all out is to run a degreaser and that will cause more harm than good.

the oil will catch all the gunk though and it can cause blockages so you'll want to keep checking the coolant

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
You will never fully remove it unless you do a full rebuild, it sticks in some of the water jackets around the engine, best way is to do some good coolant flushes every few thousands km's, this will get the most important build ups out

yeah, that :p

Turrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
Thankyou for the response guys.
I will try your suggestions, any further additions to this appreciated and thanks in advance.
Cheers Daniel

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Had an old mack with this same problem a few years ago. We did a few engine flushes with a product called calgon & it helped to break down the oil.
As stated above, nothing short of a full rebuild with acid or hotwashing of the block will fully remove it.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
when i had my motor out i wan turps through the system, a funnel in one of the heater hoses and pulled up above the highest point and put it through, alot of white build up came out. but that's not the cheapest of ways to do it, uses alot of the stuff, if ou do it that way, catch the used stuff and bottle it again, use it to clean something one day...

defenitally wanna flush it well after that with a everyday cooling system flusher to remove the turps film.