Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What tool's do i need?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yall need to be suckin' my population tool :p

plus forgot to mention you will need a fridge for beer and posters of either naked chicks or classic cars, depending on your relationship status.

back on serious notes, total tools have a badass compressor for 7 hundy that runs on regular 10A and is 13CFM 90 liter. i got one. its nice. also morton picked up a really good welder off ebay for dirt cheap, so keep an eye out over there.

just remember to watch your voltages, if you rent you should always make sure your stuff is 10A not 15 cos' you can damage the wiring in your house. if you own its a good idea to get an elec to run 15A to the garage or better yet go 3 phase :) oh yeah, then buy a hoist...

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
dont know if you can notice the earth pin on the 15 amp plug on the mig there filed down to fit in a 10 amp point been like it for years ready for the haha Im an electrician .

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yea, this is a pretty hot debate on the interwebz. personally i would rather not do that in my house (i rent) i have to be honest and admit that i have done it on my mig, but because the compressor drains so much power over about 5 mins, i wouldnt wanna risk it. the mig is only ever on 3 or 4 out of 6 amp settings and its just a brief zip then chill, then zip so much less drain on power.

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
Go down to Bursons and ask for a twelve inch population tool and it wouldn't hurt to grab a long weight while you are there too.

Both are necessity's for removing and repairing rust.

lol thats gold

dzach23

Bra Bra Potato Potato
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina Series 1 genesis blue
What/Is their a difference between an inverter mig welder and a mig welder?