Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what turbo to use ...?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my mate just got a cheapo to4z for his 5.0 it has the same size front wheel inducer and exducer as my cheapo T70 and a P trim exhaust wheel which is a lot bigger than the t70 and will take more to get spinning

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
when does he reach full boost in the 5.0 ?

well from further research i think the t04z may not suit my street application because of the big amount of lag so i mite play it safe and get a gt35 ...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
he only just got it today has to change his manifold flange to suit. your manifold will dictate what turbo you can run straight away T3 and T4 are both different size flanges

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
Good info! sounds like you're well on your way with the project.

Personally, I'd go the '35. - Unless you're really planning on winding up the boost (20psi+!), any benefit you'll see up top from the 04z will be negated by the eariler spool of the 35.

Additionally
- You can get cheap 35r's internally gated from an xr6 turbo
- a '35 should bolt right up to your current manifolds
- a '35 is capable of flowing enough air to run a 10 in a commodore

Make sure you post up results - regardless of turbo choice.

YILDI2

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
FG XR6 TURBO /RIP VT II LS1 Clubby, VR Commodore S
everybody thanks for the input and pics lol, vn luke special thanks to you, gave me the answers i needed, deff getting a gt35, i didnt know they were internally wastegated on xr6 turbos even better and keeps the build all nice and simple for a budget setup, im going to try hunt one down, if you know of any good sites or places that sell them feel free to tell me lol

im planning on running about 12psi hopefully engine wont blow lol

and im going to put up a wirte up on my progress just waiting till the action picks up lol then ill chuck it up on JC

ALSO if anyone know any good tuners in the melbourne area preferably south eastern suburbs let me know, im going to get the pipe work done by dandy exhuast if there not good let me know

thanks